ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestions for the Server

Go down 
+5
Katya
Hariyt
Tomtaru
Khamulis
Lacaille
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Suggestions for the Server Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime24/9/2011, 01:00

Here's some things I thought of (other than my awesome whale spawn idea Razz) for the server to make it stand out from the others.

1. Mod heads as Mount Rushmore: Pretty self explanatory really, we put them on the side of a mountain isntead of piled up like the old map.

2. Easter Eggs and prizes: We could place easter eggs like the one me and Kelly built at distant and hidden locations, and give prizes to anyone who finds them. We wouldn't advertise their existance, but we'd place a sign on them telling them to note the coords and come to a mod for a prize. If the coords are on the list the mods have, we give them a cake or something.

3. Town Embassies: This was Zelos's idea, but I thought I'd post it here. We could build embassies in adminville or inside the castle walls to advertise the towns people can join, as well as giving the players a taste of what to expect (i.e. town rules, biome choice or architecture style). For example, the town me and Kham were building was in the desert, and everything will be made from sandstone, so the embassy would be in the same style and the architecture rule would be made clear to people who might be interested.

4. Player iConomy shops: I don't know if this has been discussed, but it would be cool if players could buy and sell from each other in the towns. We would need to think about the items and prices at spawn though, as they would undercut the player shops and make it pointless. It might work if a player shop sold cooked food and bought other items to trade for $$$ at spawn, as the cooked meat items aren't currently available to buy.

5. Nether Jail: Again, this might not be possible (I remember the nether made the last map laaaggg..) but instead of constructing a normal bedrock jail, we could make an enclosed portal in the normal world. They would then have the choice to stay on the server and live in the nether penal colony, in constant pain from the hunger.

6. Prizes for Spleef: Maybe an incentive such as a single diamond for the winner would make spleef more popular on the server. We could also run a league where players from each town compete. A mod or admin would have to keep track of the results ofc.

7. Worldguarded PvP arena at spawn: Instead of having the PvP arena out in the middle of no where, we might as well show it off and place it at spawn.
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime24/9/2011, 01:09

Lacaille wrote:

[*]Player iConomy shops: I don't know if this has been discussed, but it would be cool if players could buy and sell from each other in the towns. We would need to think about the items and prices at spawn though, as they would undercut the player shops and make it pointless. It might work if a player shop sold cooked food and bought other items to trade for $$$ at spawn, as the cooked meat items aren't currently available to buy.
.[/list]

my idea padapapapa MCKhamulis

no nether it makes the server lag like you say we could have a jail that is annoying like hell(wyrm) by making it just a netherportal or a few in a row i hate that purple thing in which you would then get stuck
prizes for spleef did that on the old server
pvp arena i dont like the idea of it being in spawn area but dont know how you visualized it
the rest sounds cool
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime24/9/2011, 03:56

[quote="Khamulis"]
Lacaille wrote:
pvp arena i dont like the idea of it being in spawn area but dont know how you visualized itthe rest sounds cool

The PvP arena that I think Alex built on the old map was way too big imo. With distance set to normal, I couldnt see the other side of the arena in the audience. I was thinking a smallish arena, about 100 × 100 blocks and maybe in the shape of a roman colleseum. I'll have a think about the exact design, but I wasn't thinking big.

I just think that spawn should be mostly public buildings, because adminville on the last map was alsmost always empty. I suggest we limit to a few embassies, a PvP arena and the spawn castle, and maybe a few worldguarded buildings like Harry's house.
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime24/9/2011, 05:05

always think big and are you talking about warzone or iwilkilz arena from the vid
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime24/9/2011, 05:16

I think it was the iwilkilz arena.... I remember it having lava.

I'm not sure about exactly how big, but there's absolutly no reason to make something that is several hundred blocks in length and width, and can't be seen on normal graphics settings. We're never going to fill a colluseum that big, at most you'll have about 20 people there, so what's the point? If you want to make it hard to see people, place obstacles in the arena to provide cover.
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime24/9/2011, 14:54

1. Mod heads as Mount Rushmore: Could be a nice idea Very Happy

2. Easter Eggs and prizes: That would definitely encourage exploring

3. Town Embassies: Not a bad idea... But I don't want spawn to be too big... and if lots of people found "cities" we could have a lot of nagging people wanting embassies...

4. Player iConomy shops: Also, not a bad idea... but I'm afraid we'll get player signs everywhere ...and I do mean EVERYWHERE.

5. Nether Jail: We have a jail Smile want to see?

6. Prizes for Spleef: A hosted competition probably will have prices...

7. Worldguarded PvP arena at spawn: I'm all for small arena's... like the ones Invisible_sheep and me used to make on crazycraft Sad.
Back to top Go down
https://projectphoenix.darkbb.com
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime24/9/2011, 21:04

Town Embassies: Not a bad idea... But I don't want spawn to be too big... and if lots of people found "cities" we could have a lot of nagging people wanting embassies...

Maybe we should set a limit then. Unless a town has a population over 5, they cannot build an embassy. That would limit spawn to a few embassies. The smaller towns could use a worldguarded noticeboard at spawn, and ask a mod to put an advert on it for them.

Worldguarded PvP arena at spawn: I'm all for small arena's... like the ones Invisible_sheep and me used to make on crazycraft Sad

Saw Eskallon's pic of the colleseum in the gallery. I'd like to make something about 4 or 5 times bigger than that, but not much taller.
Back to top Go down
Hariyt
Retired
Hariyt

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime24/9/2011, 23:24

Mod heads as Mount Rushmore: Good Idea, need to find a mountain first..

Easter Eggs and prizes: I do not really understand :s

Town Embassies: Very good idea, I can leave that up to you

Player iConomy shops: Could ruin the economy, with people selling at really cheap/expensive prices..

Nether Jail: Not planning to turn on the nether yet D:

Prizes for Spleef: I could get a spleef plugin which does that.

Worldguarded PvP arena at spawn: Spawn is already worldguarded, people may randomly get killed when exploring though
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime25/9/2011, 00:24

hariyt wrote:
Easter Eggs and prizes: I do not really understand :s

We build some easter eggs (litterally giant colourful eggs) and place them on the map in hidden locations, such as in the big caves in the side of mountains, in the middle of the desert, or underwater... We put a sign on each one saying 'note the coordinates of this egg, and give them to a mod to get a prize'. The mods and admins have a list of the coords (e.g. EGG1 is at 1920, 80, 370) and if the coords the player gives you is close or exactly matching one of the known egg locations, we give them a prize (a cake or a diamond).

Whether we tell people in advance about the treasure hunt is up to you, but you might have to give out a lot of prizes if you do. Also, once an egg has been found, you would need to move it and note the new coords so that the person who found it doesnt just give the coords to his/her friend. Keeping an up to date list on these forums in the admin/mod section would be the best way.

hariyt wrote:
Worldguarded PvP arena at spawn: Spawn is already worldguarded, people may randomly get killed when exploring though

I thought we didn't allow hunting? Anyway, we can move the PvP arena wherever you like when it's finished.... should take me another couple of hours to complete it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime25/9/2011, 16:55

hariyt if u get voxel again we could all was voxel it in for the heads right its really not that hard to do coz am not a admin/mod right now we could all was ask alexs to do it
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime27/9/2011, 04:28

I am liking all these ideas, but Im still not hearing the best idea....MY SHRINE!!!

Laughing Razz Wink

Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime28/9/2011, 01:35

Maybe you could have easter eggs as in the ones you find in games. Like you build something from the yogscast videos or even just small references like a cog, and when someone finds it there's a sign congratulating the player for finding it.

As for the embassies, I would suggest that the big towns get embassies showing off inside the spawn whilst the other smaller ones can get tents/stands. When I say big towns I mean like Undertown/Brightvale/Lac's thing.

iConomy is a good idea. You would need to turn up the prices at spawn though as its way cheap atm. It may cause inflation though.

The Mount Rushmore thing would work, but I would then suggest building a mountain by hand near the spawn as its too random to just find a mountain somewhere then build heads there. The random pixel art far away has already caused my mansion to be grieved once.. Sad

Another thing, you have to fix the spawn a bit so that you can walk all around it. Right now the wall's even and you can't really access behind it Razz

Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime28/9/2011, 02:55

ZelosThePro wrote:
Maybe you could have easter eggs as in the ones you find in games. Like you build something from the yogscast videos or even just small references like a cog, and when someone finds it there's a sign congratulating the player for finding it.

Me and Kelly already made a nice easter egg to copy-paste around the map. If you want to build some proper monuments that'd be cool, but they would be a pain in the bum to move when they've been found once. If we didn't move them, the coords would circulate amongst the players quickly and everyone would demand a prize.

ZelosThePro wrote:
The Mount Rushmore thing would work, but I would then suggest building a mountain by hand near the spawn as its too random to just find a mountain somewhere then build heads there.

Good idea. Maybe Harry or one of the admins could save us the trouble and worldedit us one accross from another part of the map.

ZelosThePro wrote:
Another thing, you have to fix the spawn a bit so that you can walk all around it. Right now the wall's even and you can't really access behind it Razz

What do you mean? You can exit through the front wall gate and walk the perimeter... or do you mean within the wall where the moat is behind the castle? I didn't build the wall farther back and leave room because it was taking too long to flatten the hills and dunes behind the castle, and I didn't want to make it possible to simply walk into Mordor... *cough* ... sorry, spawn. Editing the wall would be a biggish job.
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime28/9/2011, 03:35

I meant like the behind part yeah, Tom did also say on the start that the walls were uneven but it was never fixed. And if you get more space around the castle there's room for building the embassies. I don't think it will be such a hard time-eating task to just tinker with it.
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime28/9/2011, 06:32

i think we should make a giant building with a warp for the embasies and have it look really epic
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime28/9/2011, 08:03

I like the thought of having a city around spawn, but it would have to be limited to the biggest cities otherwise everyone would want an embasy.
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime30/9/2011, 02:47

How about making sand/glass buyable? It is rather tedious to run around for a very long time just to find sand that has not been mined yet.
Thanks for considering.
Back to top Go down
http://burningnerd.blogspot.com
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime30/9/2011, 03:20

boxfried wrote:
How about making sand/glass buyable?

I'll make sure to ask Tom about that when I see him.

In regards to the shop, I wonder if it might be a good idea to create a second, bigger supermarket somewhere near spawn. Currently we don't have space in the spawn castle for a properly layed-out shop, and we've had to put signs around the back of the boards to fit on more items.

I propose we build a supermarket with four or five aisles, each one clearly labeled and set out logically. Instead of separating the buy and sell areas, we could put the buy sign directly above the sell sign for the same item, with colour coding to remind people which is which (e.g. red wool backing = buy, green wool backing = sell). We could put the building matierals on one or two aisles, the tools on one aisle, and the ores and coal on another.

I think this should be placed halfway between spawn and the port town where eskallons ships are, because that would place it at the centre of construction around spawn.
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime30/9/2011, 03:25

I like it Lacaille, great ideas. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime30/9/2011, 05:04

That super market would also need to be a warp destination, so it is as easily available as the spawnpoint itself.
Back to top Go down
http://burningnerd.blogspot.com
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 03:21

great idea but it should be in the same style as the castle and also what is going 2 happen with the current shop?
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 05:29

The supermarket has already been built, but it will take some time to come up with the best prices and place all the signs. I'm still mulling changing the layout a bit and choosing which items and blocks to sell.

I don't think there's any need to change the current shop, but I just envisioned the new one as being purpose-made and easier to navigate, and with more choice since it's bigger. I'll work on it this week when I'm less hungover and the shame from my debauched weekend has faded a little pale
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 06:10

Lacaille wrote:
The supermarket has already been built, but it will take some time to come up with the best prices and place all the signs. I'm still mulling changing the layout a bit and choosing which items and blocks to sell.

I don't think there's any need to change the current shop, but I just envisioned the new one as being purpose-made and easier to navigate, and with more choice since it's bigger. I'll work on it this week when I'm less hungover and the shame from my debauched weekend has faded a little pale

are you going to make it into a chain and have stores all over the map? and as for your weekend....PICTURES?! Very Happy

Last edited by Katya_Calamity on 3/10/2011, 06:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 06:15

If the prototype proves successful and people like it, I'm sure we can arrange to have it copypasted elsewhere (unless the automated signs would need redoing for each copy), although it might be less hassle to have a /shop warp instead.

And as for pickies, I'm aware that there are many... and they're all horrific. Thankfully I'm in possession of none, and even if they do get posted on facebook, I closed my account a few months ago so I can pretend they don't exist.
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 07:59

i think harry wouldnt mind me saying
A cake for the one who finds the pics!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Server   Suggestions for the Server Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for the Server
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next