ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whale Spawn

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Whale Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Whale Spawn   Whale Spawn Icon_minitime23/9/2011, 10:25

Wtf? Whale spawn? (I hear you thinking) scratch

Yes, that's right. Khamulis reckons it's madness, but I thought it was original and that I should share the idea nonetheless Razz

The concept is for a spawn in the shape of a giant whale, and placed about 10 blocks underwater. It would be made form lapis blocks on the outside, with the fleshy insides made from netherrack and the ribs from grey wool or something. You'd spawn in its mouth, and have to walk into its lungs to escape via the blow hole (by swimming up the water pouring in). We could put a shop in its stomach, and a little backstory about getting swallowed whilst out fishing on the notice boards.

Anyway, just a thought. If 1.9 gets released and we have to start from scratch again, it might make for an alternative to the castle. There wouldn't be a direct link to a town, but then anything built close to spawn will likely get griefed anyway.
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

Whale Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whale Spawn   Whale Spawn Icon_minitime23/9/2011, 17:27

think of the kids they might be 2 young 2 spawn in a giant hollowed out whale with buildings in it
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Whale Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whale Spawn   Whale Spawn Icon_minitime23/9/2011, 21:57

Khamulis wrote:
think of the kids they might be 2 young 2 spawn in a giant hollowed out whale with buildings in it

Shocked never said anything about hollowed out. Dude, that's screwed up.... Whales are already pretty empty you know Razz Besides, if it was good enough for Pinochio and Jonah, then kids should be fine with it.

Also, I don't think there would be any point making it big enough for buildings, that might take too long. Some signs on the walls of the stomach for the shop should suffice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

Whale Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whale Spawn   Whale Spawn Icon_minitime23/9/2011, 23:34

ow if we hammer a few signs into its organs that wont hurt :p
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

Whale Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whale Spawn   Whale Spawn Icon_minitime29/9/2011, 19:16

The idea is very cool. But would that not be better suited for an oceanic map?
I like the spawn point as it is right now, it's simple and not overdecorated. Also, the rules are compact and easily readable.

I I love you the spawnpoint.
Back to top Go down
http://burningnerd.blogspot.com
Kyo2317
Freshly Spawned
Freshly Spawned

Whale Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Sounds good   Whale Spawn Icon_minitime6/10/2011, 03:25

First off the idea sounds nice, but I wouldn't suggest making it the main spawn point right off the bat at least. Perhaps having a warp to where the spawn location would be would suffice for the moment?

I don't know why when 1.9 is released you would have to start over......Not that I have investigated 1.9 very much myself as of yet.

You don't necessarily need an 'oceanic' themed map/server really, it would be fine in our own, and simply add to the theme if it was an 'oceanic' map. Either way the idea is good.

The slimy interior of the whale allows us to post signs up in a humane manor with biodegradable materials.

The issue about it not being appropriate for younger kids, well for one they should be fine with it. Even if it ends up not being appropriate for the younger children, we can just say it's made of metal and plaster like a Disney ride. ^_^

This Message Approved by the P.P.A. (Pinocchio PETA Association)
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

Whale Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whale Spawn   Whale Spawn Icon_minitime6/10/2011, 03:58

You're not happy with tom&mines spawncastle...? Sad

It sounds a bit too odd for me.
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Whale Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whale Spawn   Whale Spawn Icon_minitime6/10/2011, 04:41

ZelosThePro wrote:
You're not happy with tom&mines spawncastle...? Sad

It sounds a bit too odd for me.

No, the spawn castle is brilliant. I was just thinking out loud really, trying to come up with ideas that would set Flux apart. I think it would work, but because it would be placed in the water (albeit probably not an ocean as Kyo says, we don't want players having to swim for hours just to reach land), you wouldn't have as many griefing problems because people couldn't build that close to it.
Back to top Go down

Whale Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whale Spawn   Whale Spawn Icon_minitime6/10/2011, 05:15

I LOVE this idea, Seriously. Maybe just off the top of the blowhole set a warp point to land? I dunno, just thinking here, but yeah, I really like this, who knows enough about whale anatomy to make this work?

One request? if this does get done, can some one pretty pretty pretty please make a schematic of it? maybe?
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Whale Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whale Spawn   Whale Spawn Icon_minitime7/10/2011, 05:50

The players would spawn inside the whale, climb the water spout out of the whale, and then swim to land. We could always set a warp point on the shore and have a sign inside the whale telling people how to use it if they don't want to swim. Is this what you meant?

Misfitbitz wrote:
One request? if this does get done, can some one pretty pretty pretty please make a schematic of it? maybe?

Yes! Although I've no idea how you'd do that... MC n00b here tongue

I guess if we don't have to start a new map when 1.9 and 2.0 come out, we could do this as the warp point for a town on the current map.
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

Whale Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whale Spawn   Whale Spawn Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 01:01

We really do need an underwater ocean town. And the whale would be the ideal spawnpoint for that.

Just imagine it: our very own atlantis. With enough glass and glowstone that could be very awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://burningnerd.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Whale Spawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whale Spawn   Whale Spawn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whale Spawn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProjectPhoenix :: General discusion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: