ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition

Go down 
+8
Katya
Tomtaru
Lonely_Simon
ZelosThePro
Eskallon
boxfried
Phy
Lacaille
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/10/2011, 20:53

Competition ends on Wednesday, bout midday GMT ish... I'll come online to let people know.

After that I'll judge them myself and then tally up the marks with the other two judges.
Back to top Go down
Lonely_Simon
Woodsman
Woodsman

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/10/2011, 10:25

Lirlond will be probably showing you the creatin, because I have MTZ - PST, and I come back from school around 4 :/
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/10/2011, 17:50

I dont want to be asking for too much, but could you add a small bedrock box around that spawner, there will be people left right and centre trying to destroy that thing just for the sake of it?
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/10/2011, 18:35

maybe just world guard the spawner?
Back to top Go down
Arykai
Fellow
Fellow
Arykai

PostSubject: Entry   FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/10/2011, 23:54

I have left Team Chaos due to recent events. Nothing bad of course. ^_^

I would like to enter myself under the team name "Team Tree".

P.S: I only learned of the disqualification of my prior team this very morning so my entry may not be completed in time.
If not, I hope to complete anyhow. ^_^

Best of luck to us all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/10/2011, 23:58

Yes me and misfit had to drop out due to promotion. Good luck everyone
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 07:43

Although you can't enter now that you both have creative mode, I'd still like to see it Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 12:11

Lacaille wrote:
Although you can't enter now that you both have creative mode, I'd still like to see it Smile

We will be building "Fluffy" at some point, preferably when the map issues get figured out again.

In related news, since there's been so many issues with the server authentications, would it be possible to give people another day or so to finish? I know Phy still has a good bit of work to do and with him unable to log in... Your choice of course, just figured i'd toss it out there to help.
Back to top Go down
Lonely_Simon
Woodsman
Woodsman

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 12:15

Wait since its an ANIMAL spawner, we can chose what the animal can be?
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 19:47

phy says he is done he couldnt sleep last night XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 19:49

Khamulis wrote:
phy says he is done he couldnt sleep last night XD

yeah Phy managed to finish his, amidst much muttering, falling and general grumbling lol.
Back to top Go down
honkin_pigs
V.I.P
honkin_pigs

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 21:22

I'll have to take a look at these, they sound awesome Smile goodluck to everyone!
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 22:41

I understand server issues have got in the way. Do the builders think they'll need another day?

I have to go relocate a caravan tomorrow (no euphemism), so I'll be gone until about 7pm British Summer Time 27/10/2011. Will that be long enough to finish them off?

Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 22:49

Not really, Phy told me he has finished and so have I. The only others are Ary and Lonely Simon who we havent heard from.

TBH a deadline is a deadline and if you start extending it then its not a deadline. The build was on for 10 days and if the entrants need another 10-15 minutes then thats fine but to need a whole nother day is stretching the limits. Like I said, its just my opinion but bear it in mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 23:27

From what i saw this morning, Simon's finished,also ary finished last night. may want to double check, but we should be good to go!

Last edited by Ghostwolf1114 on 26/10/2011, 23:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 23:29

Okay, then lets go for it I say.
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/10/2011, 05:51

Just waiting for a few more scores from the other judges. We should be done marking in the next few hours, and I'll post the results here.
Back to top Go down
honkin_pigs
V.I.P
honkin_pigs

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/10/2011, 13:42

Eager to hear the result of this Surprised
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/10/2011, 19:29

little bit more than a few hours, the judges are all from different countries =D
Back to top Go down
Lonely_Simon
Woodsman
Woodsman

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/10/2011, 14:24

Im ready, just WANT TO KNOW WHO WON SOO BAD.
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/10/2011, 20:56

Apologies for the late results. We three judges have marked the entries independently out of ten and tallied our scores....

In 4th place with a score of 18/30 is
Spoiler:
In 3rd place with 19/30 is
Spoiler:
In second place with 21/30
Spoiler:
And the winner, with a total of 22/30 is
Spoiler:
The public unveiling of the winning entry will occur when Arykai logs on to the server!
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/10/2011, 23:26

Caps please Smile
Back to top Go down
https://projectphoenix.darkbb.com
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/10/2011, 23:51

Congratulations Ary, your entry was well built, funny and was made within a small time frame. Overall you did a great job and you are certainly a deserving winner.

Since I have already gone and seen all the entries I thought I would make a quick sentance or 2 on each of them:

Ary: As I said above, this was an excellent entry. The way the mouth and face was made of different colours highlighted the smile and made it look more effective. The legs were well shaped. However what really turned me on in this entry was the way the hands held the two objects, the tree and the staff. Also both well crafted, you did a good job. Congrats mate.

Lirlond: This entry I only saw briefly, it was very nice though, I like the way you took time to make the skeleton shape of the bones on the wings and how the actual wings stool out. I also know that you told me you didnt like how small it was, however I think this is a perfect time to say that 'size doesnt matter' you made something small that looked appealing and I would love to see more of your designs in the future.

Phytek: When you asked to have me tp'ed to you I wasnt sure what to expect, I knew you had built something big and it was going to be impressive, but I was shocked when I saw it. It was a very nice creation and the huge wings sweeping over me looked great. Next time your free call me over and I would love to take a closer look at it.

Ghost and Misfitbitz: While not actually in the contest I came onto your server for 5 minutes the other day and saw fluffy. It was amazing, the detail on it was amazing and the curves on it were perfect. Id hope to one day see more like this from you.

So like I said, you all did a brilliant job, I hope you all also had fun along the way as I certainly did. Maybe sith could copy them onto the new map in the future, they all were good and wouldnt it be exciting for there legacy to continue.
Back to top Go down
Lonely_Simon
Woodsman
Woodsman

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/10/2011, 01:11

Lirlond would have done better, but sadly the size limit forced him to make it look crappy, we were going to try a fire golem, but we didn't get the chance.

Lirlond can build reeal good things, and if you see his in progress town, you can see he's very creative.

Cheers Ary! I can't wait to see it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/10/2011, 01:57

The winning Ent-Tree Razz

FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 201110271911

Well done to everyone who entered. We were very impressed with all your creations, and you can see from the scores that it was very close. In regards to the size limit, I have a better idea of how big it needs to be for the next competition, and we won't be so forgiving for going over it next time.

The next building competition might have to wait until we get a new map.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next