ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition

Go down 
+8
Katya
Tomtaru
Lonely_Simon
ZelosThePro
Eskallon
boxfried
Phy
Lacaille
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 3 Icon_minitime29/10/2011, 19:56

Any chance we can convince the other entrants (or the judges perhaps) to post a pic of the other entries as well? I've seen Phytek's and obviously Arykai's but I'm curious what the others looked like.
Back to top Go down
Lonely_Simon
Woodsman
Woodsman

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 3 Icon_minitime30/10/2011, 04:05

Yup misfit, also Why can't players vote on it?

I mean i know the fact that some people are friends, but at least VIPS?
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 3 Icon_minitime30/10/2011, 09:13

If we are on at the same time misfitbitz then feel free to tp to me and I would be happy to show you around it. =)
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 3 Icon_minitime30/10/2011, 09:53

Lonely_Simon wrote:
also Why can't players vote on it? I mean i know the fact that some people are friends, but at least VIPS?

Would everyone else prefer to have a poll on the forums rather than having admins/mods judge entries?

I can see lots of problems with using a forum poll, such as creating multiple accounts and people voting as a bloc because they're friends rather than on the merit of each entry.
Back to top Go down
SiderianDragon
Iron smith
Iron smith
SiderianDragon

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 3 Icon_minitime30/10/2011, 10:31

Lacaille wrote:
Lonely_Simon wrote:
also Why can't players vote on it? I mean i know the fact that some people are friends, but at least VIPS?

Would everyone else prefer to have a poll on the forums rather than having admins/mods judge entries?

I can see lots of problems with using a forum poll, such as creating multiple accounts and people voting as a bloc because they're friends rather than on the merit of each entry.

Exactly my thoughts, if we make it a public poll.. it turns into a popularity contest with people voting for their friends or themselves rather than which participant built the better sculpture. It would be good if people weighed the choices but like Lacaille said, it'd degrade rather quickly into "well, s/he's my friend so i'm going to vote for them" and then people who put little effort in would come out the victor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 3 Icon_minitime30/10/2011, 11:21

SiderianDragon wrote:
Lacaille wrote:
Lonely_Simon wrote:

Exactly my thoughts, if we make it a public poll.. it turns into a popularity contest with people voting for their friends or themselves rather than which participant built the better sculpture. It would be good if people weighed the choices but like Lacaille said, it'd degrade rather quickly into "well, s/he's my friend so i'm going to vote for them" and then people who put little effort in would come out the victor.

^^ exactly. The competition should be based on multiple judges opinions not on who either has or can buy the most friends. I'll be severely disappointed if the building contest turns to a popularity contest. My thought s are that if you can't be happy for the person who won, even if it wasn't you, maybe you shouldn't compete. There's no reason that people from all over the map (and world for that matter) can't support one another in their creative efforts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 3 Icon_minitime30/10/2011, 12:05

Misfitbitz wrote:
SiderianDragon wrote:
Lacaille wrote:
Lonely_Simon wrote:

^^ exactly. The competition should be based on multiple judges opinions not on who either has or can buy the most friends. I'll be severely disappointed if the building contest turns to a popularity contest. My thought s are that if you can't be happy for the person who won, even if it wasn't you, maybe you shouldn't compete. There's no reason that people from all over the map (and world for that matter) can't support one another in their creative efforts.

i am with sid mis and lac on this we judged the builds on how well it looks not coz there our friends and what not so if you have to be a "bad sport" about it then dont build in the nexts comp
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 3 Icon_minitime30/10/2011, 12:57

I agree as well. Maybe if you are going to be such a sore loser you should not participate in future competitions.
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 3 Icon_minitime30/10/2011, 13:02

This compitition is over, so I'm locking this thread.
Back to top Go down
https://projectphoenix.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3