ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition

Go down 
+8
Katya
Tomtaru
Lonely_Simon
ZelosThePro
Eskallon
boxfried
Phy
Lacaille
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Empty
PostSubject: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime15/10/2011, 01:27

Dear Players,

We have decided to organise a monthly building competition on FluxGaming. Each month, we will tell you what we want you to build, be it a building, a piece of pixelart, or even a redstone mechanism. We will give you 10 days to complete your build. After 10 days, the moderation team will then judge the entries and choose a winner.

Prizes are:
  • $1000 in-game monies for each person in the winning team, and 1 animal spawner will be awarded to the team as a whole.
  • The winning entry will be copied to the area around the spawn castle and worlguarded for all to see Very Happy

This week we want you to build a MYTHICAL BEAST, be it an existing one or something that you've just thought of, as long as you explain what it is. Post your team name and the names of your members in THIS THREAD (one post per team).

Please read the rules carefully: Exclamation

1. You must complete your entry within 10 days of the beginning of the competition. All construction must end after 10 days.
  2. You must work in the team you have registered on this thread. Members may leave your team during the competition, but new team members may not join.
  3. Your entry must meet the requirements set out for the individual monthly competition. Not meeting the requirements will lead to disqualification.
  4. You must not interfere in any way with another team's entry (this includes griefing and sabotage). You will be disqualified for doing so.

○ If you think another team has griefed or sabotaged your entry, please contact an admin.

5. You must not contact the judges during the competition in relation to your entry, unless it is regarding griefing or sabotage.
  6. 3 members of the moderation team will judge the entries. Entries will be awarded marks out of 10 by each judge. The scores will then be added up, and the winner will be the entry with the most marks out of a maximum of 30.
  7. In the case of a tie, Hariyt will be asked to choose the winner.
  8. A prize will be given to the winning team only. Each member of the winning team will recieve the same prize.
  9. The winning entry will be copied to the area around spawn.

Last edited by Lacaille on 17/10/2011, 11:45; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Phy
Carpenter
Carpenter
Phy

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime15/10/2011, 01:30

Teamname: Teamname

Members: Kelly_Patching, Nuthead, Phytek & Vytex.

Last edited by Phylol on 17/10/2011, 01:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime15/10/2011, 02:14

You know Ghost and I will be working together. Arykai, Makin and Player_ will be with us as well. Last time we had to pick a team name Ghost yelled 'Team Chaos!' so I suppose we'll go with that. lol

*edited to add makin and player to our team*
**Edited once more to add Arykai* Razz

Last edited by Misfitbitz on 18/10/2011, 23:02; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime15/10/2011, 03:00

Misfitbitz wrote:
Last time we had to pick a team name he yelled 'Team Chaos!' so I suppose we'll go with that. lol

For Khorne!!! Wink

Btw: This is an awesome idea. Maybe the 100$ are not the biggest draw to the competetion, but copying the winning entry to the spawn point more than makes up for that.

I love this, sadly I won't have time to join this month because of work. But I am looking forward to some awesome builds.

Will we get to see the rest of the entrances or are we going to see only the winner?
Back to top Go down
http://burningnerd.blogspot.com
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime15/10/2011, 06:50

Team Name: Cobble City

Team Members: Eskallon (I might edit this post with someone else before sunday)

I am gonna do my best, I look forward to seeing how this pans out. The real prize will be having the item being placed around spawn!
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime15/10/2011, 07:11

Eskallon wrote:
Team Members: Eskallon (I might edit this post with someone else before sunday)

Actualy that's a good point. You can edit your team members until I announce the thing you'll be making on Sunday.

Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime15/10/2011, 21:35

Can we please have a theme to go after? Kinda hard to just build something out of random. And there must be size limits on it too, right?
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime15/10/2011, 23:06

ZelosThePro wrote:
Can we please have a theme to go after? Kinda hard to just build something out of random. And there must be size limits on it too, right?

As I've said, I will announce the theme on Sunday, Zelos. I thought it might be a good idea to give everyone a few days to prepare. There will be a size limit, simply because we have to fit these creations near spawn. I also suggest that you build them far from spawn, and far from your towns/houses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime16/10/2011, 00:28

Biting my nails in anticipation...I love a challenge Smile
Back to top Go down
Phy
Carpenter
Carpenter
Phy

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime16/10/2011, 02:38

And a challenge you will get my friend. A challenge you will get
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime16/10/2011, 19:19

Hmm, there seems to be a lack of people wishing to enter into this competition. May I suggest that we allow people to sign up at any time before the closing date. So to allow people who see the competition late to be able to sign up. Also maybe add in the prize of 1) $100 and 2) Featured at spawn to the signs at spawn. This will grab peoples attention and bring them here.
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime17/10/2011, 01:57

OK, here it is Exclamation

Your challenge is to make a mythical beast!

It can be one that already exists, or something that your disturbed brains just conjured. The only rule is that it should be no bigger than 50 × 50 × 50 (above ground). I'll leave entry open until the end of the competition as you suggested Esk, which will be on Wednesday the 26th.

Now go and make me some epic creatures!!!

Last edited by Lacaille on 17/10/2011, 07:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime17/10/2011, 06:32

At first i was like, bleh, then we had an idea, now we are like, yeah!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime17/10/2011, 08:09

Ghostwolf1114 wrote:
At first i was like, bleh, then we had an idea, now we are like, yeah!
^^
except now i'm like "DAMMT! need more space!"

I understand the size limit, but ugh, do not like... >.<
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime17/10/2011, 08:19

Mythical beast.... I'm effed.
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime17/10/2011, 09:30

Somebody make a giant Cthulu please. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime17/10/2011, 10:01

boxfried wrote:

Why don't you make one? Very Happy

I've had a chat with the admins about the prize because some people were saying it was too small. Instead, the winning team will now be awarded 1 animal spawner (not to be replaced if destroyed accidentally) and $1000 per person on the winning team.

Regarding the size limit, think of it more like a guideline then. I won't be too fussed if it's a few blocks over, but if it's 100 blocks to a side it will be disqualified for being to big.

And i'm sure you'll think of something Zelos. Remember, it doesnt have to be an existing mythical beasty, it can be something crazy you've just thought of as long as there is a backstory to go with it, or some explanation at least Razz

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you'll be making guys cheers

Last edited by Lacaille on 17/10/2011, 12:37; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lonely_Simon
Woodsman
Woodsman

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime17/10/2011, 11:32

Teamname: EpicWorkshop

Members: Lonely_Simon, Lirlond
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime17/10/2011, 20:35

To all the judges, please do not judge it before the time is up, if people are asing if it looks great or what could be improved, don't answer that and let them do their own thing please. I do not want people accusing mods/admins of favouritism Smile
Back to top Go down
https://projectphoenix.darkbb.com

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime17/10/2011, 23:56

We all know phytek is paying the judges off Razz

Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime18/10/2011, 00:21

Ghostwolf1114 wrote:

Paying us off? Quite the opposite. The only thing Phytek has been up to is attempting to extract more prize money from me, and with some success tongue Hopefully the prize will now cover the construction costs for the winning team, as well as the added prestige of owning one of very few mob spawners on the map and having their work placed around the spawn castle.
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime18/10/2011, 03:06

Lacaille wrote:
boxfried wrote:

Why don't you make one? Very Happy

As I explained before, I sadly don't have time for big builds on a timelimit right now or Chtulu himself would march across the Flux plains soon. Cthulu for the win! Wink
Back to top Go down
Phy
Carpenter
Carpenter
Phy

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime18/10/2011, 03:56

Lacaille wrote:
Ghostwolf1114 wrote:

Paying us off? Quite the opposite. The only thing Phytek has been up to is attempting to extract more prize money from me, and with some success tongue Hopefully the prize will now cover the construction costs for the winning team, as well as the added prestige of owning one of very few mob spawners on the map and having their work placed around the spawn castle.

I think we all love you for upping the price money. now it's actually worth it<3
Back to top Go down
Lonely_Simon
Woodsman
Woodsman

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime23/10/2011, 07:53

Ok so the comp ends this sunday?
Back to top Go down
Phy
Carpenter
Carpenter
Phy

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime23/10/2011, 08:17

Lacaille wrote:
OK, here it is Exclamation

Your challenge is to make a mythical beast!

It can be one that already exists, or something that your disturbed brains just conjured. The only rule is that it should be no bigger than 50 × 50 × 50 (above ground). I'll leave entry open until the end of the competition as you suggested Esk, which will be on Wednesday the 26th.

Now go and make me some epic creatures!!!

l2read.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition    FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FluxGaming Monthly Building Competition
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next