ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Building a new town: Seashire

Go down 
+7
xSGTxGopher
Porkchop_96
iwilkilalzmBs
luccalessio
ZelosThePro
dude3338
Lacaille
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Future Seahire citizens, do you want to live
In a private dome
Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Vote_lcap76%Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 76% [ 13 ]
Underground
Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a new town: Seashire   Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/12/2011, 00:11

ZelosThePro wrote:
I thought you were going to build on 1.0 flux..

It's complicated, Zelos. I'd rather not talk about the current situation while it remains unresolved.
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Building a new town: Seashire   Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/12/2011, 10:10

Sorry for the double post. This is an progress update for all residents.

We've finished the pit, and all staircases/floors are permanent. I've put signs up reserving some areas for farms, PvP, Sleef etc. If you want to stake a claim, please put a sign up on the wall you want to build your house in. You will have to mine out the area yourself as these will be private homes.

The diamond mine on the lower level is open to public use now. When mining, please be careful not to dig into the floor above! You can keep anything you find in there, but please donate the cobble to the wall fund. The cobble chests are on the upper level where the temporary tree farm is.

The defensive wall has been laid out using dirt, and I'll delegate the task of building it to trustworthy citizens. I've also marked out the edges of the dome, but please don't start building private domes until I've put the 1st layer of glass blocks down. This is so the domes don't overlap. Please do not break or change any of the dirt blocks marking out the wall either, as these took me a long time to get right.

I'll sort player shops out soon, so watch this space Razz
Back to top Go down
iwilkilalzmBs
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: Building a new town: Seashire   Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/12/2011, 11:29

Sorry I havent been on much, I have been helping my family with stuff and playing Terraria 1.1, but I'm back into Minecraft and will come on to help when I can!
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Building a new town: Seashire   Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 01:11

No worries man, there's still plenty to do Very Happy

Sith and Casper are in charge of the wall for now, and thanks again you two for doing so much work last night. Other people can help them, but please ask Casper or Sith what to do.

I'm putting down the first layer of the dome today as well. It's hard going and I've drowned more than once already Mad I'm resorting to creative mode to do the first few layers since the sea bed isn't flat so I'm having dig down. I'm using Plotz, so if anyone wants to help out and doesn't mind drowning occasionally, send me a message in-game or a PM on these forums and we'll have a chat.

EDIT: The first layer has been placed!

All citizens are welcome to build their own domes now. Please leave a gap of at least 5 blocks between your dome and the other structures. I would prefer if everyone tried to make round domes rather than square boxes, but I understand how hard that is without creative. If you're having trouble, I'll be happy to help out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a new town: Seashire   Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 21:16

can you post cords for it coz i lost it lol and all most half the wall is done
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a new town: Seashire   Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2011, 05:46

The wall is looking good and most stuff is either finished or being worked on. though i dont know if anyone wants to try the spleef or pvp arenas... they have not been started yet... but otherwise its good... the animal farm is not fully functional yet though.. Sad everything keeps dying on the way over the dome lol
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: Building a new town: Seashire   Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2011, 05:48

oh Im sure you could get Tom to spawn some animals for you if you pay him...
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: Building a new town: Seashire   Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2011, 06:04

or use your natural charm
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

PostSubject: Re: Building a new town: Seashire   Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2011, 08:58

I need to come on and start helping.. I'll post why my activity has been equal to zero in a bit!

or actually... make that tomorrow Razz
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Building a new town: Seashire   Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2011, 09:48

I'm having PC issues atm, so won't be on tonight. Think my CPU is overheating cause the thing keeps cutting out and failing to reboot correctly (kinda just whirs away to itself but never actually reboots). I've already cleaned the bugger out , but it'll be tomorrow before I can get hold of some conductive paste for the heat sink, and I don't dare try running it without. My old AMD dual core runs hot enough as it is Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a new town: Seashire   Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/12/2011, 15:43

Lacaille wrote:
I'm having PC issues atm, so won't be on tonight. Think my CPU is overheating cause the thing keeps cutting out and failing to reboot correctly (kinda just whirs away to itself but never actually reboots). I've already cleaned the bugger out , but it'll be tomorrow before I can get hold of some conductive paste for the heat sink, and I don't dare try running it without. My old AMD dual core runs hot enough as it is Neutral

ok get back on soon and to help with the overheating open your case on one side it might help
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Building a new town: Seashire   Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/12/2011, 06:23

I've had the case open before Sith, all that does is speed up the accumulation of dust and fluff in the fans and heat sinks.

Anyway I've got it working again... I think. It was having trouble booting Vista this aft, something that is probably unrelated to my processor overheating... and more worrying. I'll pop on soon to see how things are going.
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Building a new town: Seashire   Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Icon_minitime18/12/2011, 00:19

Sorry I've not been online much this week. My brother's back from university, and with crimbo next week we've been busy shopping and generally hanging out. I'll probably be on more next week, though I'm in charge of cooking christmas and boxing day dinners this year so be warned Razz

Until I get back on, I'll leave the town in your capable (albeit incorporeal) hands Casper.

Also, if anyone wants to build a dome to be placed underwater next to the main dome, do it on land like Jamw has been doing. Once you've finished, ask Katya or Siderian to worldedit it underwater. Please follow the rough design posted on the first page of this thread. The private domes should be separated from the main dome by at least 5 blocks, and you should wait for me to come online to make a glass tunnel to the main dome if you want one.
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: Building a new town: Seashire   Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Icon_minitime18/12/2011, 12:12

oh you know I dont like doing that =D
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Building a new town: Seashire   Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/1/2012, 00:55

Time to finish Seashire.

1. Casper is now co-mayor. Casper and I will be accepting new residents for the town and giving permission to build domes and underground homes.

2. We need to finish the defensive wall. We will build it 6 blocks above water level using cobblestone. All residents are asked to donate any spare cobble they collect from mining.

3. Private domes placed inside the wall may not touch the wall or the main dome. Domes outside the wall should not touch the wall. I would prefer it if they were spherical like the main dome, but spires and boxes are allowed as long as they are made from glass. If they are complicated shapes, please build them on land and ask an admin or S.mod to world edit them over.

4. Underground houses should not be any taller than the allotted space. This is to ensure that you do not dig into the house above or below you. You must dig back at least 20 blocks before digging a mine shaft.

5. All residents, whether living in domes or underground homes, should be mindful of other people's tunnels. If you accidentally dig into someone's tunnel and there is a quarrel, please speak to me or Caspergirl.

6. Lastly, we need two volunteers to help build 2 of the 4 gateways. They will each lead to a dock on the main wall (see blueprint on page 1 of this thread). Each gateway will be in a different style. They should not be more than 15 blocks tall (above sea level), and they should not extend inside, outside or along the wall more than 5 blocks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a new town: Seashire   Building a new town: Seashire - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building a new town: Seashire
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2