ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question about 1.9

Go down 
+2
Tomtaru
ArualsugA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ArualsugA
Woodsman
Woodsman
ArualsugA

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 19:23

When 1.9 is released, will the server have to restart with a new map???
I hope not!
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 19:37

if people want a mushromm biome... we'd have to reset... but the terrain generation didn't change that much... we'll just have to see Smile
Back to top Go down
https://projectphoenix.darkbb.com
ArualsugA
Woodsman
Woodsman
ArualsugA

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 19:38

Hmm...
Well, if it does happen we keep our shop money, right? And there would be warning...
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 21:46

yes you do why thinking about selling all your stuff before we get a new map Smile
Back to top Go down
ArualsugA
Woodsman
Woodsman
ArualsugA

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 22:32

You can read minds????
Oh dear...
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 23:05

Would it be possible to copy buildings across, Tom?

I'd rather not have to make a new arena from scratch you see Very Happy Although I'm sure we can improve on the current one if we have to. Maybe make it half as big again... Wink

Would be good idea to plan ahead for 1.9 just in case. For example, if we have to start a new map, it might be a good idea to increase the worldguard area around spawn. A 500 block walk would reduce the temptation for people to grief as soon as they log on. We could use the extra space for things like embassies as well.
Back to top Go down

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 23:48

Lacaille wrote:
Would it be possible to copy buildings across, Tom?

I'd rather not have to make a new arena from scratch you see Very Happy Although I'm sure we can improve on the current one if we have to. Maybe make it half as big again... Wink

Would be good idea to plan ahead for 1.9 just in case. For example, if we have to start a new map, it might be a good idea to increase the worldguard area around spawn. A 500 block walk would reduce the temptation for people to grief as soon as they log on. We could use the extra space for things like embassies as well.

he dose have a piont if we do its going to be 10 times beter they all ways are
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 23:58

Don't get me wrong, I love the spawn city that grew on this map. Problem is that the owners of half the buildings there have moved farther from spawn or been banned Neutral

If we were to start again, I think it would be a good idea to have a ready-made area for embassies around the spawn castle. Khamulis has been working on a brilliant floating spawn island, but it would make more sense to have the embassies right outside the castle so that people can 'shop' for a town to join as soon as they log on.

In my opinion, all buildings near the spawn point should be public and worldguarded. We should have PvP and PvMob arenas, as well as a spleef arena. Town embassies, a dedicated spawn shop such as the one we're putting together now, and an area for the building competition prizes. Towns on the map would develop naturally away from the area most likely to get griefed, and the moderation team would have less work to do. I spent two hours yesterday fixing griefing, and by the time I'd finished, the first buildings I fixed had been damaged again Mad

EDIT:

Would also be a good idea to get towny working prior to going public with a 1.9 map. That way griefing can be further minimised and there would be a greater incentive to form towns.
Back to top Go down

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 00:14

Honestly, New map would make me cry, as much work as we have done to our area already . But se build fast so if it was needed to get towny or similar, we would survive, but yes a heads up would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 00:34

I'd cry if I had to start Brightvale again. And I'm not that fan of Towny so thats a big no from me there.
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 01:25

ZelosThePro wrote:
I'd cry if I had to start Brightvale again. And I'm not that fan of Towny so thats a big no from me there.

It would be sad to have to start again, but it's a brilliant excuse to start afresh and do something even better! Maybe Towny wouldn't be the best idea, but there might be simpler pluggins that act like community worldguards which that admins can easily give premissions for.

Anyway, back to contingency planning for 1.9. This is kinda what I was thinking for an improved spawn castle. It's basically the same as what we have now, just laid out a little better:

Question about 1.9 Spawncastle032.th

If we start a new map for 1.9, we could easily set the worldguard to something like 500 blocks in all directions and build the spawn castle while the server populates.
Back to top Go down

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 01:43

Yeah after reading Towny faq, im not so sure either, but a similar mod can be found here ( linking for those that hadnt seen my post a few days ago on this) Idea for Server mod. Realms?

But, whatever happens.. Flux 4 Life!
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 02:04

Lacaille wrote:

If we were to start again, I think it would be a good idea to have a ready-made area for embassies around the spawn castle. Khamulis has been working on a brilliant floating spawn island, but it would make more sense to have the embassies right outside the castle so that people can 'shop' for a town to join as soon as they log on.

shhhh its a secret
and its in the air cause its easier 2 build ther then on the ground i was hoping it would get a warp or moved closer 2 spawn or both
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 02:07

Woah lac, you drew that by hand? Shocked I couldn't draw a perfect circle even if there was a 100$ bet involved.

And I like the idea.. but it'd be cramped to have everything collected in the spawn castle. I'd rather have an area specified for games/pixelart etc. Harry should probably live together with mods/admins in Adminville which is planned to be build sometime in the future(?). I think he also said that too many embassies become a mess and I agree that. Rather have the big cities to have embassies or else everyone would want one for their own town of 2-4 people Razz I like the idea of moat around the castle, and the gaze houses would then be towers to "gaze upon the land" from? A former WOW gamer and still a fan like me would point out that PVE would be more fitting for the mobarena (meaning Player vs Enemy) pig

I'm in a write mood right now. I should do my homework but I "forgot" it at school. I'll tinker some with my possible future Minecraft music parody.
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 02:17

ZelosThePro wrote:
Woah lac, you drew that by hand? Shocked I couldn't draw a perfect circle even if there was a 100$ bet involved.

I think you need to visit some galleries, friend Razz

Quote :
And I like the idea.. but it'd be cramped to have everything collected in the spawn castle. I'd rather have an area specified for games/pixelart etc. Harry should probably live together with mods/admins in Adminville which is planned to be build sometime in the future(?). I think he also said that too many embassies become a mess and I agree that. Rather have the big cities to have embassies or else everyone would want one for their own town of 2-4 people Razz

I'm sure we can spread the spawn town a bit farther, maybe fit in more admin and moderator houses there as well as the embassies. The embassy slots would be left empty until towns reach a certain population (say 10 citizens) and then they would be permitted to build an embassy. That way we wouldn't have hundreds of them crowding the spawn castle.

Quote :
I like the idea of moat around the castle, and the gaze houses would then be towers to "gaze upon the land" from? A former WOW gamer and still a fan like me would point out that PVE would be more fitting for the mobarena (meaning Player vs Enemy) pig

Lolwut? You mean have the wall towers taller so they could be used as viewing towers? And PvE actually stands for 'player vs environment', but I figured PvMob was a little more descriptive. But yeah, whatever you want to call it.
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 05:08

Regarding the mushroom biome, wouldnt we just have to walk far enough to spawn new chunks for that to happen? It's a (seemingly) endless world after all...
Back to top Go down
http://burningnerd.blogspot.com
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 05:42

a server has an edge otherwise you would need a supercomuputer/server to run it i think
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 07:18

Makes sense, yes. Is the whole world already generated?
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 07:44

not sure i forgot the size of it
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 17:01

Harry can always run around and look for biomes by himself then take the chunk and place it somewhere within the borders Razz I demand mooshrooms!
Back to top Go down
ArualsugA
Woodsman
Woodsman
ArualsugA

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 22:15

So if it does need to be respawned or w/e then there's no way to keep any items?
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 23:00

Fraid not Neutral At least that was the case when we started this 1.8 map.
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime12/10/2011, 01:03

The world editing thing sounds like an awesome idea. But IF we need to start from scratch again, could we get a 2 day notice so we can actually sell stuff before we make the switch?

Oh, and Lac, awesome new sig. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question about 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about 1.9   Question about 1.9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about 1.9
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProjectPhoenix :: General discusion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: