ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Idea for Server mod. Realms?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Idea for Server mod. Realms? Empty
PostSubject: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime8/10/2011, 17:07

Harry was asking for ideas a couple days ago. now keep in mind i have no idea what this mod would cause as far as server lag or any of that, I have justplayed on a server that uses it. heres the post from that site explaining what it is :

New to *EDIT*? Realms are a unique aspect of the survival server,
enabling users to claim land. The entire survival map is divided into
40,000 (50 x 50) realms. Within a realm, the realm owner can choose to
enable or disable features such as explosions and fire, and also grant
building privileges.

Why realms?

The *edit* realm system is a unique, evolving
system. Users can earn realm credits, which can then be used for
different purposes as the system changes. Realms also give players full
control over the map, without causing restrictions, division, and don't
force players on the server to be individualized.

How do I create a realm?

It
is not possible to "create" a realm, as all realms are already defined
on the map. You can, however, purchase a realm. To see info about the
realm you're presently in, type "/realm" at any time.

How do I purchase a realm?

Realms
can be purchased by typing "/realm purchase" when standing within a
realm. You can't purchase realms already owned by another player. To
purchase a realm, you must have placed at least 1,000 blocks within the
realm you're purchasing. Additionally, you must pay 10,000 realm
credits.

You can purchase realms located anywhere on the map, except within 100 blocks of spawn.

How do I gain realm credits?

Realm
credits are gained by placing/removing blocks. For every block you
place or remove, you will gain 0.5 credits. To view the current amount
of realm credits you have, simply type "/realm credits".

Can I sell my realm?

Yes.
Simply type "/realm sell" within the realm. Selling your realm will
give you back what you paid for it, minus a 10% fee. Optionally, you can
sell your realm to another player, and specify your own selling price.
To do this, type "/realm sell ".

What do realms do?

Realms
protect all blocks you place within the realm, so other users can't
remove them. Additionally, other users can't place blocks within your
realm. Also, any chests that you place within your realm can't be
accessed by other users. Realms also give you the ability to set a MOTD
for the realm, which will be shown when a user enters the realm.

Can I have more than one realm?

Yes. There are no restrictions regarding the number of realms you can own.

Can I let other players build within my realm?
Yes
- to give a user building privileges within your realm, simply type
"/realm add " within the realm. Optionally, if you wish to
remove building privileges that you've granted for a user, type "/realm
remove ". To view users that you've granted building
privileges, type "/realm users".

How do I set the realm MOTD?
To
set a MOTD for a realm, simply type "/realm motd ". This
message will be displayed whenever a user enters a realm. You can set
the MOTD for realms you won, and also for realms that don't have an
owner if you've placed at least 1,000 blocks within the realm.

Is there a way to group chat with users building in my realm?
It's
recommended you use the party system, which enables you to group chat
with a set of specified users. Information regarding how to use the
party system can be found in-game, by typing "/help".

Last edited by Ghostwolf1114 on 8/10/2011, 17:15; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Remove advertising :P)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime8/10/2011, 17:11

I really think That this would solve ALOT of griefing problems. But as far as what it would take to set up and get running, It may be alot to do.
Also I understand about the V.I.P packages getting world guard, and that would be one less incentive for people to actually donate to you if they could just buy a realm, but on the other hand only people that have spent a good bit of time would be able to actually buy a realm.

Just my thoughts, you guys ever played with this? pros / cons? anyone?
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime8/10/2011, 17:14

I think it isn't a bad idea... but better suited for a new map.. not an existing one...

Looks a lot like the factions plugin.
Back to top Go down
https://projectphoenix.darkbb.com

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime8/10/2011, 17:17

Yeah me and the wife was jsut saying that also. great for a new map, possible on the current map, would just mean Harry would have to manually do deeds to some of the lands that the people that already have world guarded areas which COULD be alot of work
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime8/10/2011, 17:20

I think it WILL be a lot of work... and world guard + realms doesn't seem to work well (according to my thoughts)
Back to top Go down
https://projectphoenix.darkbb.com

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime8/10/2011, 17:22

I say COULD ( if it was implimented ) you say WILL ( like it is going to be implemented )

yes im a smarta** , you'll realize that once you get to know me a little more Razz
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime8/10/2011, 21:21

i dont like this hope it wont be added 2 the server Sad
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime8/10/2011, 22:33

Sounds interesting. Wasn't Harry considering the Towny pluggin that does something similar?

Also, what does MOTD stand for? (I hate abreviations with a passion Mad )
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 01:11

Its for "message of the day".

i personally think its a good idea. but it would severely limit the ability of people to build where they want. now imagine yourself buying like a square of different realms for a really big project and somebody buys one of the four you need, just to annoy you. how would that be solved?

also i dont think its applicable to the current map. but if we start a new one, that might be one of the better ideas out there.
Back to top Go down
http://burningnerd.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 01:16

Khamulis wrote:
i dont like this hope it wont be added 2 the server Sad

what is it that you dont like about it? thats what i meant by pros and cons, pros being the good things about it, the cons being the bad.

boxfried wrote:
I....now imagine yourself buying like a square of
different realms for a really big project and somebody buys one of the
four you need, just to annoy you. how would that be solved?

well honestly if it was done with 40,000, hell even 10,000 blocks of 50x50 thers no reason you couldnt find room. the way the other server did it was on honor system for people that was working towards buying a plot, plant a sign saying " please dont build, under aquisition" or something
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 01:31

considering the amount of griefers i think two things would happen:

1. griefers would wait till you bought 3 squares, just to buy the fourth when it would be most annoying.
2. honor system with griefers? i think with a whitelist that would be doable, but not without one.

to combat this i propose the following idea:
buying land has to be supervised by a human. this means they could prevent land-griefing because they would just not let the griefer buy. you could reserve your land with that person instead of and easily stealable sign. being the landlord could be one more thing to keep the mods busy, maybe?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 01:41

I see your point i think box, but thats where you have to have the following

1) placed or dug 1000 blocks on said 50x50 square
2)Have the money to buy even buy it!
at .5 credits per block dug/placed thats only 500 credits made just to be able to even buy the plot, the way "that other" server has it set to 10,000 to purchase you have to place/dig 20,000 blocks Razz I see NO WAY a griefer would spend that ,uch time just to buy a plot to mess with you, unless it was super super personal, Or if it was Katya jocolor

20,000 sounds like alot, and it is. just would mean someone would have to be on server for a good bit of time to aquire enough credits, coupled with the current buy/sell shop also would be a good money pit for those of you that are hoarding 1mil credits already Razz

oh and the point of this was to LIMIT the stress on the mods lol not make more. as it is right now when a mod comes on they are usually always dealing with peoples issues, no time for actual fun and building. which i find kinda sad, this woulda hopefully elimante most, if not ALL of the griefing by destruction on the sever
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 01:55

ok, i can see your points.
i think 10.000 creds is a number that is way too high though.
mining 1.000 blocks in a 50x50 square (without ruining it) is hard enough, at one point i just want to build my stuff and have it protected. of course it should take some time to be able to buy land, but it should also still be reasonable for people with jobs and working social lifes. my point is: if it takes a week to work just to be able to build stuff safely, its not worth it.

people who donated could be granted a 20x20 piece of land of their choice, that would make up for the world guard thing. and for, i dont know, 10.000$ ingame you can make that a 50x50 again or something. i think we could easily work something out so that most of us would be happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 02:08

indeed, and its 1000 blocks PLACED or dug to be able to purchase it , not just dug

but ehh it was just an idea, i see some valid points throughout the thread so far! keep em coming

But it did make me think of a con. how many "world holes " would appear from people just digging huge craters to gain money...
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 02:21

you could designate areas for blockfarming, far faaaaar away from spawn and give it a warp or something.

im actually quite fond of the idea by now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 05:56

lol, yeah the more i look at it the more i like it too Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Server mod. Realms?   Idea for Server mod. Realms? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea for Server mod. Realms?
Page 1 of 1