ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!)

Go down 
+4
xSGTxGopher
Arykai
Eskallon
Tomtaru
8 posters

What would you want for the map reset?
Replace the current normal world and leave the nether and end like it is.
Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Vote_lcap10%Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Replace the current, normal world, replace the nether and the end with a second, normal map where PVP is allowed. Nether items will be made available with other means.
Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Vote_lcap65%Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Vote_rcap
 65% [ 13 ]
]Replace the current normal world, replace the nether and the end with the old map. In this case no transfer of buildings or items will hapen.
Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Vote_lcap25%Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Empty
PostSubject: Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!)   Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Icon_minitime20/2/2012, 00:11

You've heard the rumors about 1.2 and our server.. I'm sure uyou heard...
Some people want a map reset and some don't, quite understandable really. I myself had some ideas for the server when 1.2 arrives but lets see what you guys think of it.

First of all: we will get a map reset anyway, no going around that. Jungle biome and mushroom biome will have to be in the seed or I won't make it the map...

I can already hear you complain about all the recources and riches you have gathered... but fear not! they will be transferred!
How will we pull this off you might ask? we'll do the following: When Minecraft 1.2 get's launched, we will ake a plateau somewhere (and a sortal at spawn that Tp's you to it.) Everyone will be allowed to have 2 double privated chests on there. the plateau then gets transferred to the new map once we set it up using World Edit.

Towns who have an ambassy can also be carried over if they wish for it to be carried over.
V.I.P.'s can have 1 building carried over as well.

Now for the new map, there are some possibilities...
  • Replace the current normal world and leave the nether and end like it is.
  • Replace the current, normal world, replace the nether and the end with a second, normal map where PVP is allowed. Nether items will be made available with other means.
  • Replace the current normal world, replace the nether and the end with the old map. In this case no transfer of buildings or items will hapen.

Last edited by Tomtaru on 19/3/2012, 00:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://projectphoenix.darkbb.com
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!)   Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Icon_minitime20/2/2012, 01:22

I voted the second option, it seems like a good idea for a new map and other worlds with maps. For the end we could even have some sorts of nether/end like sky islands built.

I don't so much like the double chest idea. It kinda defeats the tradition of restarting. It is fun for people to go start again, heck most of us won't have even touched a wooden tool in months and I would rather see everyone start a fresh all at the same level. At most if everyone else disagrees with me, why not make it just 1 single chest which still gives the opportunity to start again?

Note: I still agree with the case of buildings as you said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!)   Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Icon_minitime20/2/2012, 02:17

I also think that VIP perks should be looked at a little bit, a someone who has ( is ) been VIP on 3 other servers, the perks here are, well lets just say, it doesnt make me drool. I can go into more details if wanted, but if its just the way it is , I wont waste our time Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!)   Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Icon_minitime20/2/2012, 02:30

i think a reset of the nether and end would be good what with all the destruction of the nether going on lol and s for you ideas tom they are great Very Happy and esk if you dont want a chest u dont have to have one Razz

P.S. im excited for the kitties!
Back to top Go down
Arykai
Fellow
Fellow
Arykai

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!)   Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Icon_minitime20/2/2012, 06:17

I am anxiously looking forward to 1.2
[particularly the jungle biome]
I look forward to the map resets and appreciate the chance to carry over some of our valued materials. I have BIG plans for something in 1.2 so I sincerely hope all goes well for everyone in the transfer when it happens.

Having a PVP Nether would be nice instead of just a small constrained arena in my opinion. Even if I don't PVP at all I can see that being enjoyable. However I want to point out that some of the nether portals seem to take you to someone elses portal. Do we know of a way to cancel that? Prime example is if I go through my portal into the nether, and then try to take mine back out I wind up at Players portal near his house. heck for all I know this could be just me or maybe it's already been fixed. Just wondering really.

All in all I hope for the least amount of trouble in the transfer from 1.1 to 1.2 for everyone.
Cheers everyone Very Happy
Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Pixel_Tree_by_KimKTN
Back to top Go down
xSGTxGopher
Stone Mason
Stone Mason
xSGTxGopher

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!)   Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Icon_minitime20/2/2012, 07:10

I also think the second option is a good idea. Having a separate world for PvP means we dont have to have a hundred different pvp arenas all over the place. And as for the chest idea, I agree more with Casper: I think the option should be there for people like me who cant be assed to start from scratch but then, if you do want to start a new, then you dont need to have a chest. Seems like common sense to me.

I have been anticipating the world hight increase the most. Can't wait to see the amount of crazy stuff that people build on the server.
Back to top Go down
Jexxor
Freshly Spawned
Freshly Spawned

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!)   Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Icon_minitime20/2/2012, 08:07

A few things im confused on that I would LIKE to have answered

First off, whats going to happen to the buildings that won the Building Competions. I don't really wish to loose the Mayan Temple I have.

Second, VIPS get ONE building. If i were to become a VIP and I wanted my castle saved, would EVERYTHING in it be saved. or is there a certain size limit that can be saved...

Third, If i were to have items in my inventory would they be saved or just the stuff in the chests

Fourth, and lastly, Im not understanding the voting options, can you explain what would happen with each option more. Please and Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gandalior
Carpenter
Carpenter
Gandalior

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!)   Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Icon_minitime20/2/2012, 08:31

I like more the first option, but i kind of admit the nether and the end are kind of useless places you only go to the nether to retrieve those special items but i don't know if there is other use to it, so i'm kind of cool with the second choice, either way i voted 1
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!)   Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Icon_minitime20/2/2012, 23:00

Jexxor wrote:
A few things im confused on that I would LIKE to have answered

First off, whats going to happen to the buildings that won the Building Competions. I don't really wish to loose the Mayan Temple I have.

Second, VIPS get ONE building. If i were to become a VIP and I wanted my castle saved, would EVERYTHING in it be saved. or is there a certain size limit that can be saved...

Third, If i were to have items in my inventory would they be saved or just the stuff in the chests

Fourth, and lastly, Im not understanding the voting options, can you explain what would happen with each option more. Please and Thanks Very Happy

Building competition winning building will be transferred over yes, without chests.

VIPS get one building, but again, without chests (we can easily see if you have any).

I am not sure if those will be transferred when we chage maps. On flux we had a reset where your items weren't tranferred so I wouldn't count on it.

option one, plain map reset with transferred buildings, the nether/end will remain as is, so will the end.
option two, plain map reset with transferred buildings, the nether/end will be removed and replaced by another fresh map were PVP is allowed, nether/end items will be provided with other means. (I'm thinking of the possibility to use the same seed on both maps.
option three, plain map reset with transferred buidlings, the nether/end will be removed and replaced by the old map, nether/end items will be provided with other means.

Back to top Go down
Jexxor
Freshly Spawned
Freshly Spawned

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!)   Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Icon_minitime21/2/2012, 05:43

Ok cool Tom thanks for explaining. Ill prob become a VIP and get my castle saved (without chests) so yea. Thanks for Explaining Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vinlight
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!)   Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Icon_minitime21/2/2012, 09:30

And what would be the limitations on our V.I.P building in terms of size and block content.
Back to top Go down
Jamw
Carpenter
Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!)   Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Icon_minitime21/2/2012, 10:00

Personally, i would think we should restart everything, new map new everything
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!)   Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Icon_minitime21/2/2012, 15:41

Vinlight wrote:
And what would be the limitations on our V.I.P building in terms of size and block content.

it actually has to look like ONE building... so no blobls full of blocks for example.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!)   Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minecraft 1.2 and us (and you too!)
Page 1 of 1