ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is your favourite book or series of books?

Go down 
+2
ZelosThePro
Lord_Kitchen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Kitchen
Carpenter
Carpenter
Lord_Kitchen

What is your favourite book or series of books? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favourite book or series of books?   What is your favourite book or series of books? Icon_minitime24/12/2011, 19:30

My personal favourite book series has to be the Flashman Papers. The series tells the epic swashbuckling tale of Sir Harry Paget Flashman, the infamous womaniser and cad. Flashman manages to ascend himself to the level of a celebrity in Victorian society as they believe him to be an illustrious and noble soldier, though he keeps to his own description of himself as "a scoundrel, a liar, a cheat, a thief, a coward—and oh yes, a toady." He manages to escape every tricky situation which he seems to constantly fall into, without the false image of a him as a hero being tarnished.

What is your favourite book or series of books? 220px-Flashmancover
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite book or series of books?   What is your favourite book or series of books? Icon_minitime24/12/2011, 22:16

You seem to really enjoy posting threads, but you rarely answer to others or even your own Razz

Anywhoozles. I enjoyed the Zombie Survival Guide and the Wimp Diary. Other than that I'm not too much of a fan of books. Hurray for technology!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Kitchen
Carpenter
Carpenter
Lord_Kitchen

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite book or series of books?   What is your favourite book or series of books? Icon_minitime24/12/2011, 22:39

ZelosThePro wrote:
Anywhoozles. I enjoyed the Zombie Survival Guide and the Wimp Diary. Other than that I'm not too much of a fan of books. Hurray for technology!

That is one of the several reasons why I dislike the modern age in which we live in. I do wish sometimes that I was not born in 1990s but rather in the 1890s, but I digress.
Back to top Go down
Jamw
Carpenter
Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite book or series of books?   What is your favourite book or series of books? Icon_minitime25/12/2011, 03:46

Lord_Kitchen wrote:
That is one of the several reasons why I dislike the modern age in which we live in. I do wish sometimes that I was not born in 1990s but rather in the 1890s, but I digress.

You must remember a lot of the normal now IS reading. This website, chatting on minecraft, email, texting, so much. None of this substitutes reading a good book all curled up next to a fire, but you do get a good days reading. lol!
Back to top Go down
Spfcuk
V.I.P
Spfcuk

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite book or series of books?   What is your favourite book or series of books? Icon_minitime25/12/2011, 05:32

I'm a big reader specifically paranormal and historical romance, so I have a lot of favourite books and series', my top series' though would be Immortals After Dark, Lords of the Underworld, Black Dagger Brotherhood, The Hunger Games, The Bridgerton series and The Cynster series. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite book or series of books?   What is your favourite book or series of books? Icon_minitime25/12/2011, 07:47

all books concerning arda(the world where Lord of The Rings took place)
Back to top Go down
Vinlight
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite book or series of books?   What is your favourite book or series of books? Icon_minitime25/12/2011, 09:01

Forgotten Realm. R.A. Salvatore's' Legend of Drizzts. Its 13 books long and I still need to read the last 3. Then it is the Hunter Blade trilogy which is how I discovered the series. After that its the Transition series which I have yet to read. As I understand there are many other books set in the same universe but I don't know any of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite book or series of books?   What is your favourite book or series of books? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite book or series of books?
Page 1 of 1