ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience Empty
PostSubject: a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience   a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience Icon_minitime8/10/2011, 16:26

TL;DR version = I built something im proud of after raging and blowing up my test area...

So basically, We have a portcullus on our perimiter wall, right now it has 2 buttons inside, 2 buttons outside ( open and close). I really hate that setup so I decided to make it work with a lever. 1 inside, 1 outside. sounds easy? I thought so too, but actually it ended up being a major pain. here is why:
1) signal needs to pulse like a button so pistons will activate, pushing gate up or down, then retract again out of the way
2)levers need to work independently! so one lever doesn't lock out the system if its not in the right position
3)Keeping #2 in mind the signal has to alternate between the opening piston assembly, and the closing piston assembly so one pull of EITHER lever will achiev either open or close of gate, no double clicks is what i was after ( it would have bothered me)

At this point i thought, ehh a little tricky, but fairly simple to do! Again I was wrong, after a couple hours of beating my head against the desk, getting mad. and then..
a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience 20111008005903

Boom! blowing up my project area with TnT and feeling much better!

But i did come up with this after the explosions Smile

a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience 20111008004815

Basically: (redstone signal travels right to left)
1) the Blue wool is where my levers are, pull either lever and signal turns off then on regardless of the other lever. this is handled by the first 3x6 set of blocks beside levers.
2) Signal travels to the Alternator if its powered, the signal goes to the top row in pic, if not it goes to bottom row in pic
3) the matching sections of blocks next to the pistions are my pulsers, when they receive power the send out a pulse signal ( same as a button would) which powers then unpowers the piston
4) (pistons are taking place of my actual gate mechanism on the server) one goes up, then down. flip any lever, the other one goes up and down!

The funny thing is the 3 block "altenator" is what ultimatly kicked my ass ( yellow wool in middle) I tried some pretty elaborate ideas to achiev something that turned out to be so simple to do. including an elaborate latching system with aditional pistons to make and break redstone circuitry ( the failure of resulted in my TnT rage)

so there it is, this what i did during server down time. will implement this to my gate this weekend sometime Smile

I am in NO WAY a redstone expert Razz i just love messing with it

Last edited by Ghostwolf1114 on 8/10/2011, 16:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a TL;DR version)
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience   a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience Icon_minitime8/10/2011, 16:42

sounds like you needed a "XOR-gate" Smile

I'll move this to the minecraft section we have Smile
Back to top Go down
https://projectphoenix.darkbb.com

PostSubject: Re: a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience   a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience Icon_minitime8/10/2011, 16:51

Well a xor gate was used Razz , thats the first 3x6 block xD

But thanks for showing me you know something, I may have to bounce ideas of of you Smile

Oh and i thought the "minecraft" area was for non server stuff for some reason is why i put it in general, sry

*edit* Ok i was right, i guess this was built not on server ( yet) but pertained to my server build. so where does it really belong Tom?

Last edited by Ghostwolf1114 on 8/10/2011, 16:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I went to go check something)
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience   a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience Icon_minitime8/10/2011, 17:00

I'd say or in this section, or in server creations... but not in general as it is minecraft stuff :p

If you want I could move it to the server section for you Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience   a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience Icon_minitime8/10/2011, 17:04

oh! The workshop! I didnt even notice that actual section >.<
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience   a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience Icon_minitime8/10/2011, 17:11

I know the colours aren't all done yet... but they're not THAT unreadable are they? O_o

anyway, still looki,ng forward to see this on the server Smile (just make a new topic when you do Wink)
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience   a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience Icon_minitime8/10/2011, 21:22

wow you just made something i didnt understand even more mindblowing :O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience   a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 01:49

Tomtaru wrote:
I know the colours aren't all done yet... but they're not THAT unreadable are they? O_o

No not really, just my mind looked down the sub-sections and saw

server issues

Ban appeal

workshop

didnt read the small text there and my mind just skipped over it completely thinking the whole section there was for problems Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience   a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 06:02

well got this done on the server this morning, Mark another project done Smile

For those interested, I did layout all the wiring very neatly underground with a access to be able to walk around down there and see all of it, nice and open, color coded wool, ect.

a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience 20111008145950.th

link to full size

Last edited by Ghostwolf1114 on 9/10/2011, 06:08; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : picture was WTF big lol)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience   a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a little bit of redstone.. ALOT of patience
Page 1 of 1