ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I may need glasses.. but....

Go down 
+5
Lacaille
Eskallon
Khamulis
Tomtaru
Katya
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I may need glasses.. but.... Empty
PostSubject: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 09:31

For the love of god.....Please change the black font in the headers to white! I cant read the text on the dark blue background without highlighting it or getting right up on my screen ( and its a 28 inch screen !) Razz
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 09:32

I know I keep complaining about that too lol
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 09:34

I keep trying to fix it Crying or Very sad but I can't find it... may just change the blue ...
Back to top Go down
https://projectphoenix.darkbb.com
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 09:35

Tomtaru wrote:
I keep trying to fix it Crying or Very sad but I can't find it... may just change the blue ...

no sad faces
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 18:26

Katya_Calamity wrote:
Tomtaru wrote:

no sad faces
flip your screen and then its happy
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 20:03

yay! Happy Tom is much better than Sad Tom
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 23:21

Tomtaru wrote:

But I love the blue, anyway under the display/colours there should be a headers text option?

Or you could try using the CSS stylesheet to change it?
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 00:03

Problem is that if I edit the topic titles stuff... it changes in the bar at the right hand side as well... so it really is the bkue that is too dark :/
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 03:07

The colour scheme isn't too bad, even if I'm not exactly a fan of the pinky-grey background behind everything (which makes the forum feel a little ancient... this is what the internet used to look like back in 1999), but the font is driving me a little nuts.

WHY Comic Sans?! Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 03:13

NSFW .......

I’m Comic Sans, Asshole.
BY Mike Lacher
- - - -
Listen up. I know the shit you’ve been saying behind my back. You think I’m stupid. You think I’m immature. You think I’m a malformed, pathetic excuse for a font. Well think again, nerdhole, because I’m Comic Sans, and I’m the best thing to happen to typography since Johannes fucking Gutenberg.

You don’t like that your coworker used me on that note about stealing her yogurt from the break room fridge? You don’t like that I’m all over your sister-in-law’s blog? You don’t like that I’m on the sign for that new Thai place? You think I’m pedestrian and tacky? Guess the Fudge what, Picasso. We don’t all have seventy-three weights of stick-up-my-ass Helvetica sitting on our seventeen-inch MacBook Pros. Sorry the entire world can’t all be done in stark Eurotrash Swiss type. Sorry some people like to have fun. Sorry I’m standing in the way of your minimalist Bauhaus-esque fascist snoozefest. Maybe sometime you should take off your black turtleneck, stop compulsively adjusting your Tumblr theme, and lighten the Fudge up for once.

People love me. Why? Because I’m fun. I’m the life of the party. I bring levity to any situation. Need to soften the blow of a harsh message about restroom etiquette? SLAM. There I am. Need to spice up the directions to your graduation party? WHAM. There again. Need to convey your fun-loving, approachable nature on your business’ website? SMACK. Like daffodils in motherfucking spring.

When people need to kick back, have fun, and party, I will be there, unlike your pathetic fonts. While Gotham is at the science fair, I’m banging the prom queen behind the woodshop. While Avenir is practicing the clarinet, I’m shredding “Reign In Blood” on my double-necked Stratocaster. While Univers is refilling his allergy prescriptions, I’m racing my tricked-out, nitrous-laden Honda Civic against Tokyo gangsters who’ll kill me if I don’t cross the finish line first. I am a sans serif Superman and my only kryptonite is pretentious buzzkills like you.

It doesn’t even matter what you think. You know why, jagoff? Cause I’m famous. I am on every major operating system since Microsoft fucking Bob. I’m in your signs. I’m in your browsers. I’m in your instant messengers. I’m not just a font. I am a force of motherfucking nature and I will not rest until every uptight armchair typographer cock-hat like you is surrounded by my lovable, comic-book inspired, sans-serif badassery.

Enough of this bullshit. I’m gonna go get hammered with Papyrus.
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 03:15

Lacaille wrote:

WHY Comic Sans?! Mad

Yeah, who dared make the font Comic Sans... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 03:22

God I hate that font. I don't care how good its guitar-playing, hotty-banging, life-of-the-party credentials are because I think that it's hard to read. There's a reason why editors will throw your manuscript in the bin if you've used this horrible font, because guess what? It gives them headache!
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 03:26

hotty-banging? lol
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 03:30

Yeah, some guy started beating me up when I was little for using this font... No

Razz
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 03:39

What's wrong with Comic Sans?

And it wasEskallon who made the forum in this colour, not me Wink
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 03:40

Tomtaru wrote:
What's wrong with Comic Sans?

And it wasEskallon who made the forum in this colour, not me Wink

No, I love the forum colour, just the font may need changing.
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 04:18

Sorry if my personal feelings for that, ugh... typeface... are a bit strong, but I also think that it makes the forum look a bit amateurish. You guys have made some nice buttons, scrolling banners and backgrounds, and I think the font detracts from all that.
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 19:58

Well then... suggest another one instead of just saying I made a bad choice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 22:36

My preference would be either Arabic Typesetting or Calibri:

I may need glasses.. but.... Fontsj

Though obviously not in those sizes ofc Razz
Back to top Go down
patch
V.I.P
patch

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 23:13

I agree with Lac, Calibri would be a good font.
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 23:20

patch wrote:
I agree with Lac, Calibri would be a good font.

Does this mean that I'm not the only font Nazi on Flux? Wink
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime5/10/2011, 03:22

everyone that hates Comic sans will be demoted ASAP Smile

I'll change it to Calibri then...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime5/10/2011, 07:38

I approve of this font~!
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime5/10/2011, 08:50

Oh that's lovely to behold.... nice and easy on the eyes. ty for the change Tom

Next challenge: change the header text to white Razz
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime5/10/2011, 09:26

Lacaille wrote:
Oh that's lovely to behold.... nice and easy on the eyes. ty for the change Tom

Next challenge: change the header text to white Razz

Tom, Mac users dont have Calibra font so we are using 'casual' which is similar to comic sans. I will post some mac options later so you can choose to add that to the 5.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I may need glasses.. but....   I may need glasses.. but.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I may need glasses.. but....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProjectPhoenix :: ProjectPhoenix Forum :: Website issues-
Jump to: