ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ideas for Fluxmart

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime30/9/2011, 11:50

Fluxda, Fluxsco, or whatever you want to call it Razz

Sith and I finished constructing the supermarket this afternoon. Thanks again Harry for letting us try this, and I understand that it's a bit of an experiment. I'll ask for a warp to be created for it if it proves successful.

I'll have a look at the prices Tom and Harry came up with and extrapolate the prices for tools, as well as adding a 'construction' fee. For example, a diamond pick wil be more expensive than three diamonds and two sticks. Things like diamond swords won't be cheap.

The layout I'm considering for the aisles is:

Tools - may need three or four sides of aisles
Raw materials from ore (including coal, redstone dust and lapis)
Raw cosntruction materials (wood types, stone, sand, dirt, gravel etc)
Processed construction materials (cobble, brick, steps, fences etc) - may need 2 sides of an aisle
Wools
Food and seeds
Misc (levers and torches and stuff that doesnt fit into the other categories well)

If you can think of a better layout, or any improvements to mine, please tell me so we can begin putting the automated signs up. Thanks!

EDIT:

We only have room for about 170 items (buy and sell) by my calculations, so unless I double the size of the shop, we won't be able to fit them all. Which of those not already available at the spawn shop do you think are the priority? Imo, there's no point in selling wooden or stone tools and leather armour. Raw food will also be pointless, as will unmined ores. Things that can be grown from seed will probably not be included, along with raw materials like flint and string that have limited uses.

Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: iffy   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime30/9/2011, 12:59

I like the idea of having a huge box store like Home Depot or whatever, but do you really have to sell so many items? I like that this is a SMP server =)
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime30/9/2011, 16:46

selling steps and stairs and torches and levers and buttons and... is also useless because they can easily be made with the materials... why do you need to sell 170 items? Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://projectphoenix.darkbb.com
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime30/9/2011, 21:13

Tomtaru wrote:
why do you need to sell 170 items? Shocked

Had a look a the data values last night, and you're right, there's no point selling the secondary processed stuff like levers and steps. We should be able to sell enough things with the current design.
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime2/10/2011, 04:13

I hope to god you have glass panel sliding doors powered by pistons+pressure plates...
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 05:33

ZelosThePro wrote:
I hope to god you have glass panel sliding doors powered by pistons+pressure plates...

Can that even be done? Neutral If so, it'd be awesome. I'm officially useless with redstone though, so someone else would have to help.
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 05:45

ZelosThePro wrote:

lmao that would be great!
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 00:51

Is there a status on this? I would love to go shopping there rather yesterday than tomorrow. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://burningnerd.blogspot.com
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 01:01

boxfried wrote:
Is there a status on this? I would love to go shopping there rather yesterday than tomorrow. Smile

The shop has been built, it just needs to be copied over to spawn, worldguarded, given a warp, and have Tom, Sid or Harry put the signs up for us. I've also yet to make a list of items and buy/sell prices. I'll try and get round to that next week.
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 01:14

Sweeet. Smile

Lets just hope everything comes together smoothly. What will happen to the current shop at spawn?
And if you go all franchise on us, will they compete? I mean, different prices on different areas would make sense. Sand does not need to be as expensive in a desert as in a tundra or swamp. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 01:21

I don't think there's any point getting rid of the spawn shop, unless someone fancies redecorating.

We'll see how it goes with the new shop running, but if Harry gives it a warp, there won't be much point building more of them. I'm not sure if the automated buy/sell signs would copy across either. If they don't then it would take hours to change them all, and I doubt the admins would agree to that.

I can see the logic behind charging more for items that are rarer in some biomes, but that would be a lot of effort. My idea was just to make a better shop that was easier to navigate and had more space for buying and selling items.
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 01:50

well, according to what you told us so far: mission accomplished. you got any pics of the exterior/interior?
Back to top Go down

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 01:54

Lacaille wrote:
ZelosThePro wrote:

Can that even be done? Neutral If so, it'd be awesome. I'm officially useless with redstone though, so someone else would have to help.

oh yeah easy enough ( as long as pistons push glass? I've never tried 0_0 )

peressure plate, to a latching system.. walk through door across another pressure plate, releases latch, door closes!i hate when theres just enough lag that you hit a button and dont make it through a door before it closes Razz
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 04:22

Ghostwolf1114 wrote:
oh yeah easy enough ( as long as pistons push glass? I've never tried 0_0 )

peressure plate, to a latching system.. walk through door across another pressure plate, releases latch, door closes!i hate when theres just enough lag that you hit a button and dont make it through a door before it closes Razz

If you could mock this up and see if it works we could definitely implement it on the shop. The shop is currently hidden away at the desert town which Kham and I were working on, and unless you want to walk a couple of thousand blocks or find an admin to TP you there, it might be easier fitting the doors after it's been copied nearer to spawn.
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 05:37

wouldnt that take major redesigns?

and do pistons push the new glass panels?
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 06:05

They push them... but since the design is so awkward and ugly, it doesn't look good... I'd suggest using glass blocks. I don't know how to make it activated all the time then having it shut off and opened with a pressure plate. Then again I have no clue what redstone is based on..
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 07:21

boxfried wrote:

Maybe. If most of the redstone was hidden underneath then it might be ok. If I could see a prototype built then I'd know if it was worth it or not.
Back to top Go down
boxfried
V.I.P
boxfried

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 08:42

Lacaille wrote:
boxfried wrote:
If I could see a prototype built then I'd know if it was worth it or not.

Sadly, i have no clue about redstone or i would wip something up for you.
Back to top Go down

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 10:04

catch me on and il come see what you have going on everything could be easily hidden im sure
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime9/10/2011, 16:46

with a tripple wall it can...
Back to top Go down
https://projectphoenix.darkbb.com

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 00:06

Lacaille wrote:
The shop is currently hidden away at the desert town which Kham and I were working on, and unless you want to walk a couple of thousand blocks or find an admin to TP you there, it might be easier fitting the doors after it's been copied nearer to spawn.

See kham i knew i wasnt crazy! Razz
Back to top Go down

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 04:12

Well, we've got a door tossed up out in front of your shop. (didn't want to mess with your actual building). It's narrower (2 wide instead of 3) but works. Since the door width got cut, you might consider 2 doors spaced along the front wall instead of the one centered. Dunno, your choice. Anyway, if you wanna come take a look at it and/or discuss, you know where to find us.Razz

Btw: the shop looks great! I'm looking forward to it being used.
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 05:39

Just taken a look at the doors. I don't care how wide the wall is, we HAVE to fit these, they're too cool! Very Happy Well done you two.

If we need more space inside we can delete some of the centre aisles. There's more than enough space for buy/sell signs as it is.
Back to top Go down

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 06:23

Should only be three wide, and the inside walls where the blue wool is can be changed to the red/green/white without issue. Glad you like though, we fussed over tryin to figure out how to make them not look squashed since we had to cut the door width down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ideas for Fluxmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Fluxmart   Ideas for Fluxmart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for Fluxmart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProjectPhoenix :: General discusion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: