ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More issues! but with apple!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamw
Carpenter
Carpenter

More issues! but with apple! Empty
PostSubject: More issues! but with apple!   More issues! but with apple! Icon_minitime2/1/2012, 15:05

Hello, as many of you know apple came out with ios 1.0.5 or something like that. Well i preformed a backup, downloaded the ios and it deleted ALL of my songs, apps, and everything. I payed well over 1,000 on songs and such. went to restore to last backup, backup is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. Does anybody know how to get this stuff back? im PISSED at apple right now and i found out you must pay $30 to even call them! Smh, apple, smh. They are based on ripping you off and stealing your money.
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

More issues! but with apple! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More issues! but with apple!   More issues! but with apple! Icon_minitime2/1/2012, 20:29

Jamw wrote:
Hello, as many of you know apple came out with ios 1.0.5 or something like that. Well i preformed a backup, downloaded the ios and it deleted ALL of my songs, apps, and everything. I payed well over 1,000 on songs and such. went to restore to last backup, backup is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. Does anybody know how to get this stuff back? im PISSED at apple right now and i found out you must pay $30 to even call them! Smh, apple, smh. They are based on ripping you off and stealing your money.

I too updated to ios 1.0.5 a while back but it seems you have some complications. First off it takes everything off and makes a secure backup on your computer. When I say secure, I mean secure and each time you ever plug in your ipod/iphone it should make a backup. If your stuff was not placed back onto your ipod when you were done it must be a problem on your end. Did you remove your device or shut down your computer?

Concerning the money, all apps and music and books and videos can easily be re-downloaded, go to your itunes and sign in, at the bottom of the page there will be a link titles "Purchased". Click that and you will be able to retrieve everything you ever bought from apple.

It doesn't cost $30 to call them, you must be looking at a misleading source. http://www.apple.com/uk/support/itunes/ Theres also the option of the "Genius Bar" in store. These people are great, when I had a problem they were able to identify it fairly easily and it cost me £27 for fixing it. This included taking apart the whole laptop and replacing a little piece then putting it back together, best of all, the whole thing was done in less than 48 hours.
Back to top Go down

More issues! but with apple!
Page 1 of 1