ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Could we have more server events?

Go down 
+2
Eskallon
honkin_pigs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
honkin_pigs
V.I.P
honkin_pigs

Could we have more server events? Empty
PostSubject: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime31/10/2011, 00:40

Nothing big and time consuming like putting together that halloween event, but something like maybe a weekly spleef tournament, where every user pays $50 to join and the winner gets all of the entry money.

Or possibly the same but in the normal arena?

Just something to bring the community closer together i think would be a pretty cool idea, but what's everyone elses opinions on this?
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime31/10/2011, 02:41

Id like to see a mod or someone added to the staff to become an Event Manager as well as a normal staff member. That would mean that while they still help out the server, it becomes there job and they wont have to make up extra time for it when playing MC.

Before Alex used to run these events very often but it seems that since then we havent done as much event wise.
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime31/10/2011, 03:23

I think it would have to be a moderator, as its hard to organize these things with no power and people don't listen that well. Like Derpy Monday which Hell had every now and then was nuts and fun but that might've been a bit too much. But something similar would be great Very Happy

And things like CTF I miss. Love doing warfare. As well as spleefing. We could have like spleef tournaments every now and then or just plain games. I don't think the Spleef Monastery is even that much in use right now even silent

But I've thought about it too and its a good idea. Great for getting the server together as one and having fun and not being hermits in each town. I could dedicate myself to doing something like this if the spot becomes open.
Back to top Go down
DX290
Freshly Spawned
Freshly Spawned

PostSubject: MORE EVENTS...   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime31/10/2011, 03:34

I do agree that the server should have more events, it does get a little boring just building endlessly, but the last couple of days have been very exciting and fun due to the enable-ing of mobs! and the halloween maze puzzle. GOOD TIMEZZ! i would love to have more of these types of things and maybe CTF. It would be good if there was like some sort of person that would be in charge of arranging events now and again just to give flux that extra bit of fun and excitement. > i would love to be that person Wink
(ps. speef is awesome!)
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime31/10/2011, 04:06

please do not start a topic when there is one like it going already, just add a reply =)
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime31/10/2011, 05:12

Katya_Calamity wrote:
please do not start a topic when there is one like it going already, just add a reply =)

Whaaa, there's another event thread? I can't find it...
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime31/10/2011, 07:47

I merged topics
Back to top Go down
xSGTxGopher
Stone Mason
Stone Mason
xSGTxGopher

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime2/11/2011, 11:43

I agree with honkin, Esk, Zelos and DX290. There should be more events that the whole server can participate in. Maybe there should be regular events like a spleef tournament once a week or fortnight (something like that, doesn't have to be spleef) and then during big holidays like Christmas there should be a Big event that is voted on and decided by the community and then, with the help of admins/mods, the user/s that came up with the idea should be put in-charge of its development.

Just a thought anyway. It could work, eventually Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime3/11/2011, 00:48

Yes more community type events please Smile

I may try to organize PvP based stuff.. we will see what happens come the new map
Back to top Go down
honkin_pigs
V.I.P
honkin_pigs

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime3/11/2011, 01:17

Ghostwolf1114 wrote:
Yes more community type events please Smile

I may try to organize PvP based stuff.. we will see what happens come the new map

Awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xSGTxGopher
Stone Mason
Stone Mason
xSGTxGopher

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime3/11/2011, 09:55

Yeh awesome!

I would also like to add if anyone setting up a server event needs help in any way, I will be glad to help, to the best of my ability.
Back to top Go down
honkin_pigs
V.I.P
honkin_pigs

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime3/11/2011, 20:56

xSGTxGopher wrote:
Yeh awesome!

I would also like to add if anyone setting up a server event needs help in any way, I will be glad to help, to the best of my ability.

Same goes here, anyone needs any help getting something arranged just ask, i used to plan server events on an old alpha server i played on Smile
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime13/11/2011, 14:41

having competitions would be great, its just sometimes hard to plan around real life =D
I will see how many people are on tomorrow and maybe I can start a spleef tourney for money. Which would you rather have, where everyone paid to be in it and winner(s) take all? or just a main cash prize awarded by me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime13/11/2011, 16:20

there's more than just pvp stuff... >.>
what about scavenger hunts? roleplay days? i have lots of ideas actually lol just need to find when to flesh them out and get them going XD
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime13/11/2011, 19:09

Katya_Calamity wrote:
having competitions would be great, its just sometimes hard to plan around real life =D
I will see how many people are on tomorrow and maybe I can start a spleef tourney for money. Which would you rather have, where everyone paid to be in it and winner(s) take all? or just a main cash prize awarded by me?

Well Id say just make it a main cash prize like alex used to do, it makes it easier for both player and admin, rather than having people standing around as you try and explain to someone that they need to pay.
Back to top Go down
xSGTxGopher
Stone Mason
Stone Mason
xSGTxGopher

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime14/11/2011, 00:13

Misfitbitz wrote:
what about scavenger hunts? roleplay days? i have lots of ideas actually lol just need to find when to flesh them out and get them going XD

I agree. If it was always PvP it would get a bit dull after a while. Now, I had an idea; its very highly speculative and most likely not ever going to happen.

My thought was that, say about once or twice a year, we change the map to a custom adventure map that people find on the Minecraft forums or where ever. We pick out a hand full and then have a raffle type thing to decide which users will participate (there would have to be a limit, maybe 5 or 6, as it would be a bit hectic if there were 30 users playing a map designed for SSP. Unless we did the Super Hostile Series). Then the chosen participants would all vote on the map they want to do.

Sounds easy when its put like that but I'm sure it would be a pain in the ass for Harry to set up, so no pressure on do it, just a thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime14/11/2011, 04:31

xSGTxGopher wrote:
Misfitbitz wrote:

My thought was that, say about once or twice a year, we change the map to a custom adventure map that people find on the Minecraft forums or where ever. We pick out a hand full and then have a raffle type thing to decide which users will participate (there would have to be a limit, maybe 5 or 6, as it would be a bit hectic if there were 30 users playing a map designed for SSP. Unless we did the Super Hostile Series). Then the chosen participants would all vote on the map they want to do.

Sounds easy when its put like that but I'm sure it would be a pain in the ass for Harry to set up, so no pressure on do it, just a thought.

Not only would this be a pain to set up, but can you imagine the fuss people would have about not being able to play Flux OR the adventure if they didn't win? If we had a multiverse it might be an idea, or if someone wants to donate the use of their private server, but as it's set now, I can already hear the complaints lol. I dunno, I like the concept of the idea, but not the thought of trying to deal with it's execution.
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime14/11/2011, 08:54

I say just set up warzone again. The one thing I probably miss the most about old flux. Having big wars split between the server. Made my "nothing to do so I'm gonna sit inside all day although its sunny and I'm on vacation at my moms place in Turkey" days not so boring Very Happy

A big no to the adventure things. Causes way too much effort and lag. Plus there aren't that many cool maps anymore and especially none which there's more than 2 people allowed.
Back to top Go down
xSGTxGopher
Stone Mason
Stone Mason
xSGTxGopher

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime14/11/2011, 10:39

Yes, I understand. I never thought it would work but better to try and not succeed than not try at all right?

(as a side note: I do have my own private server, its just a small thing with a few friends, and I would gladly offer its use to Flux if need be. That does not just apply in this instance. If ever the Flux community needs a temporary home, I will be glad to offer my services. After all, you all deserve it for being such an awesome group of people.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could we have more server events?   Could we have more server events? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could we have more server events?
Page 1 of 1