ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stress. Announcing my leave.

Go down 
+5
Lacaille
ZelosThePro
Katya
Khamulis
Hariyt
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hariyt
Retired
Hariyt

Stress. Announcing my leave. Empty
PostSubject: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 06:42

I am announcing my leave for a while. There is too much stress right now, and the work is building up. Some days I will get home at 8pm, eat dinner, and do work till midnight. Not a fun day.

Hosting and running a server is one of the most stressful things I have ever done.

And so I am announcing my leave for maybe 1 or 2 weeks.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 06:51

ì hope it helps you good luck and plz Do come back Smile
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 06:51

Harry I understand its very stressful and all, but couldnt you atleast TALK to us before making this public?

Last edited by Katya_Calamity on 27/10/2011, 07:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I didnt realize this was such a harsh statement, Im sorry you took it that way)
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 07:03

^ what she said, you aren't really that much on at normal either.

-REDACTED-

Last edited by ZelosThePro on 26/10/2011, 08:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 07:36

common people give him a break he is stressed + his laptop broke so thats prob why he didnt answer your msg yet
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 08:39

Hope to see you back soon Harry. We'll keep it together until you do.
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 09:06

I just wished you had talked to me or sid first Sad
Back to top Go down
https://projectphoenix.darkbb.com
honkin_pigs
V.I.P
honkin_pigs

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 11:54

Hope everything calms down for you and everything works out, see ya round Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 11:59

um whos runs the server now what happens if it falls in on its self or gets attacked again or something and i really wish you did tell us befor you told everyone harry
Back to top Go down
honkin_pigs
V.I.P
honkin_pigs

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 12:48

thesith331 wrote:
um whos runs the server now what happens if it falls in on its self or gets attacked again or something and i really wish you did tell us befor you told everyone harry

That's what was on my mind too, what if toms minecraft account gets hacked then they come on the server and go on a greifing spree, it'd help loads if we had the owner of the console incase that did happen.

if harry is going to be gone for a long time you may want to look into getting the server hosted on a vps and then give all 3 admins the user and pass to get control from console.

Or the other way is remote administration. If harry set up a method for either of the other admins to be able to take control over his computer if they need to access the server through the console.

No way of going about it is easy though.
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 19:52

3 admins :O whe have a secret admin who is it....tell me
Back to top Go down
honkin_pigs
V.I.P
honkin_pigs

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 21:15

oh i thought hairy tom and sid were all admins Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime26/10/2011, 23:47

Ok just relax guys, let Harry take his break. I promise the world isn't going to explode just because Harry isn't around for a week or two. The staff can handle it just fine. I'm sure Tom still has remote access.

honkin_pigs wrote:
oh i thought hairy tom and sid were all admins Surprised

Harry is the owner, he runs flux from his home. Its not hosted by a 3rd party.

Last edited by Ghostwolf1114 on 27/10/2011, 02:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime27/10/2011, 00:32

Even though it wasn't announced its not the end of the world. I doubt the scenario you said Honkin won't ever happen in this dimension unless flux becomes a famous server (or someone hears about Tom's riches and bamboo farm)
Back to top Go down
Hariyt
Retired
Hariyt

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime27/10/2011, 03:09

Katya_Calamity wrote:
Harry I understand its very stressful and all, but couldnt you atleast TALK to us before making this public?

Not to be rude, but I am feeling like I am almost having a mental break-down. I am seeing a Councillor, and I am talking to people, but in REAL-LIFE. Comments like that just add to the stress. Cut me some slack right now, this is an extremely serious situation for me right now and i'd rather not get more problems. I am feeling extremely mixed emotions right now.

If you reply to this message I will not see until I return.
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime27/10/2011, 03:19

Okay, whether or not you read this is irrelevant.

I just wanna say, take it easy, speak to people like you seem to be doing so. Dont ever try and bottle anything up and know that the server will be fine and stable whatever happens.
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime27/10/2011, 04:06

Hope you are well Harry, hope you are well Sad
Back to top Go down
https://projectphoenix.darkbb.com
honkin_pigs
V.I.P
honkin_pigs

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime27/10/2011, 13:37

Real life comes before everything else, just focus on getting through the tough patch your in before trying to confront other issues on a computer, hope everything works out alright for you though. I love you
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime27/10/2011, 19:28

I really didnt mean for my comment to be harsh Harry, of course RL issues come first, this is a game after all. I hope you get everything straightened out. Sid and Tom can keep the server together in your absence =)
Back to top Go down
Lord_Kitchen
Carpenter
Carpenter
Lord_Kitchen

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime27/10/2011, 21:56

=(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime28/10/2011, 01:25

Sending good vibes Harry's way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stress. Announcing my leave.   Stress. Announcing my leave. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stress. Announcing my leave.
Page 1 of 1