ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong.

Go down 
+3
Khamulis
Lacaille
Hariyt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hariyt
Retired
Hariyt

Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong. Empty
PostSubject: Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong.   Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong. Icon_minitime24/10/2011, 04:58

Okay so my laptop has completely died. After many many many crashes of my faithful little HP EliteBook 8440p, its no longer working with a black screen on start-up saying "Hard Disk Failure - Attribute 5". I've done several diagnostics, and the same problem. So I will send it off to be fixed.

I will not be playing minecraft for possibly a week, as I cannot play on the host pc as all the ram goes to the server.

The warranty has also expired, and this is a laptop which cost me over £1000.

Hooray for me.
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong.   Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong. Icon_minitime24/10/2011, 05:19

Unlucky man Crying or Very sad

Not much you can do about a buggered hard drive 'cept get a new one, which is easier said than done ofc. Hope you're back on soon; we get lonely without you!
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong.   Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong. Icon_minitime24/10/2011, 05:44

rip laptop hope you will survive a week without me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
makinwarnotpeace
Woodsman
Woodsman
makinwarnotpeace

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong.   Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong. Icon_minitime24/10/2011, 14:09

should of known it was gonna happen .... the problem is already stated here in the thread....seems as the pc says HP..... hahahaha well anyways hope your back soon
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong.   Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong. Icon_minitime24/10/2011, 17:02

1000£ for a HP?? Anyways hopefully you'll fix that thing or get a better cheap one. I'd recommend Dell. Either way, sucks man Sad
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong.   Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong. Icon_minitime24/10/2011, 17:53

Sorry to hear that, I guess a server this big and popular was getting impossible for the laptop to handle.

I'm likely to get shouted down for this, but if your looking for a new laptop for around the same price then a mac might be a nice sexy option.
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong.   Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong. Icon_minitime24/10/2011, 18:27

Shocked buy a mac? No tongue

and sorry to hear that Harry, that really sucks
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong.   Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong. Icon_minitime24/10/2011, 19:55

Lol, looks like you got shouted down as predicted Esk Laughing

A grand is a bit much to spend on a laptop I would have thought... I could build two decentish gaming PCs for that Shocked And there's not much point buying a macbook, cept they look pretty and don't come with Windows preinstalled Mad Macs're no so good for gaming, and if you just want a laptop for browsing and word processing, you can pick one up for about £300
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong.   Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong.
Page 1 of 1