ProjectPhoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?

Go down 
+9
luccalessio
Khamulis
Eskallon
Lacaille
Kingjad
ZelosThePro
Tomtaru
Katya
iwilkilalzmBs
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Katya
Katya

Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/11/2011, 10:07

how do we even know any of this even happened? to form opinions when you have not heard both sides, let alone the truth....
Back to top Go down
Khamulis
Retired
Khamulis

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/11/2011, 10:10

Kids are pure and innocent......You saying that made my day
Back to top Go down
luccalessio
Iron smith
Iron smith
luccalessio

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/11/2011, 10:34

as if now who's side are u guys on yogscast or mojang?? scratch
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/11/2011, 10:36

Katya_Calamity wrote:
how do we even know any of this even happened? to form opinions when you have not heard both sides, let alone the truth....

Well I know what happened at the interview between them and Notch has made it clear to the public exactly what the yogscast have done wrong. I really doubt Notch is saying anything false. He seems nice enough and you can tell that he thinks deeping before he speaks more than the yogscast do.

Quote :

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/11/2011, 11:12

Eskallon wrote:
Katya_Calamity wrote:

Well I know what happened at the interview between them and Notch has made it clear to the public exactly what the yogscast have done wrong. I really doubt Notch is saying anything false. He seems nice enough and you can tell that he thinks deeping before he speaks more than the yogscast do.

Quote :

Twisted Evil

did we watch the same interview? because in the one I watched Notch talked about his hand being stuck in that shape from masturbating all the time, and then later talked about his....relationship.....with Simons mother....
Back to top Go down
luccalessio
Iron smith
Iron smith
luccalessio

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/11/2011, 11:24

tttttttttt. language remember little children...
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/11/2011, 12:07

Wow, this thread got heated all of a sudden Surprised

In all seriousness though, so far nothing that the Yogscast has been accused of has been substantiated. As I said before, the whole fudge you on the ball thing was almost certainly a joke. I'm glad the Yogs are keeping it mature and avoiding a flame war. Surely waiting to post an official message after they've cooled off a bit is better than wading straight into a war of words with Notch?
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/11/2011, 12:14

just the point I was trying to make, I think Im done posting on here lol
Back to top Go down
Cash_Calamity
Woodsman
Woodsman

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/11/2011, 14:04

As far as things go everyone is entitled to their own opinion, though I will say this, who knows what kind of a person Notch really is, are you his best friend, do you see him daily, same thing can be said about yogscast as well. Not only that but we havn't heard both sides, and I think yogs is doing this professionally unlike Notch who was tweeting p-ed off comments . As for Yogs needing to grow up, no way, that is what their appeal is, and who is anyone to tell them what to do? We all live our lives how we want and why should I listen to you why should they listen to anyone. If they did these things oh well it is their ordeal not ours. Either walk away from them or stay loyal fans. their is no need to rip each others heads off or yell over one another to say your opinion is better. A healthy debate is fun but when you constantly shove your opinions down other peoples throats not letting them have theirs thats when it crosses the line. Look you may "think" you know what happened but you were not there you are not Notch or Yogscast. So remember that when you are yelling at each other making this debate more of a personal attack than it is.

Last edited by Cash_Calamity on 23/11/2011, 19:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iwilkilalzmBs
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/11/2011, 14:11

Ditto Cash, one huge ditto.
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/11/2011, 18:00

Agreed with Cash. Although I don't know Notch too well I think he should know better than raging out officially on Twitter. We might have an answer later today if we're lucky.

Also heard Simon has a flu, get well dwarf! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
luccalessio
Iron smith
Iron smith
luccalessio

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/11/2011, 22:17

poor simon
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/11/2011, 05:41

You all really need to watch this here. It explains pretty much everything. I am watching it as I post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wfobRqu9dxQ

Now you see why notch would be pissed off?
Back to top Go down
Tomtaru
Tomtaru

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/11/2011, 05:52

Still not an official statement from the yogscast eskallon, wait for it.
Back to top Go down
https://projectphoenix.darkbb.com
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/11/2011, 06:03

Tomtaru wrote:
Still not an official statement from the yogscast eskallon, wait for it.

Watch the video, there have now been reports from actual people at minecon who were disgusted at what the Yogscast did there. Watch all till the end, every minute of it was worth it and it shows just how arrogant and stupid the yogscast were behaving.
Back to top Go down
SiderianDragon
Iron smith
Iron smith
SiderianDragon

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/11/2011, 06:11

I'm still of the belief that the Yogscast and Notch are just trolling everyone. They act heated towards each other for a week or two.. Notch takes the low road, Yogscast takes the high road.. then they switch it up with the Yogscast takes the low road and Notch takes the high road.. then after a point they'll 'rectify' their differences and bank on the fame the 'argument' caused.
Back to top Go down
Lacaille
Retired
Lacaille

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/11/2011, 06:56

I'm sorry Esk, but that video adds nothing to the argument.

Granted, Simon and Lewis were taking the piss a lot at Minecon (and that American guy who posted the video clearly doesn't get it), they were bigging up the Yogbox and how awesome the modding community is for MC, they were poking fun at Mojang, and they were swearing (although the only swearing I heard was from a video the boys played at Minecon that had already been on Youtube for weeks).

However, I don't see any unexpected behaviour from them. If their language offends someone, I would challenge that person to find a Yogscast video that doesn't have swearing in. Everyone in that audience will have known in advance exactly what to expect from them regarding profanity.

The only disapointment may have come from not hearing much from the other members of the Shadow of Israphel team. They seemed to sit there and not really take part. That isn't something to ban the Yogs for though, at worst it shows that they were not prepared to do the panel and are not experienced in public speaking.

Also, I already posted a link to the reddit page regarding the Yogscast sign and Scrolls stuff. That has been refuted by Peva and the guy who collected the sign from the fan.
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/11/2011, 07:04

wow, that clip is complete drivel. he makes such a big deal about Lewis saying no....well lets see, I hear Simon say are we coming back next year? *chuckle* we have not been invited...THEN Lewis says no.... After Simon says they have not been invited. That doesnt mean Lewis was being an ass, just that he was saying they hadnt been invited. As for the language, Notch should have told them to keep it pc BEFORE instead of cry about it after. They waited until three days before minecon to say they were going because they wanted to be paid??? They have been going on about it FOREVER. They planned on going from the start. I stopped watching at that point. My head hurts too much to listen to some biased person who didnt even bother to get all the facts before posting a video on something thats none of his business. But eh, thats what the internet is for.
Back to top Go down
ZelosThePro
Iron smith
Iron smith
ZelosThePro

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/11/2011, 07:43

There might be a video up tonight or tomorrow. Hannah posted about 3 hours ago and they are probably having major jetlag so patience.

Everything flowing around now is just rumors.

Anyways to be a bit off topic and cool down.. Am I the only one who hoped for a Q&A with Yogscast? I'm really curious about Tinman/Peva's background and if Simon is a brony or not Razz
Back to top Go down
Vinlight
V.I.P

PostSubject: The horrors of Text Walls   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/11/2011, 07:54

I’ve been following the thread but rather hesitant to post my opinion since I didn’t understand what the fuss is about and all I saw was Notch saying the Yogscast are not very nice people without much of an explanation of why. Just saw the video Eskallon posted about Hero’s point of view which has filled in most of the gaps for me.
He poses a very good argument on the matter but I can’t say I agree much. Being I don’t feel strongly enough about this fiasco to do more research or re-watch the video above (but enough to post my opinion) I’ll only talk about what I remember. And please keep in mind I am only paraphrasing so if I get some of my facts wrong don’t bite my head off and refer the previous sentence. =)
When Simon asks if they are attending or have been invited to MineCon next year Lewis simply says No. I believe he was just answering the second part of the question that they haven’t been invited yet and not that they understood their behavior enough to know no one would want them back.
I watched the panel the Yogscast did and I felt like I could have said I expected every word that came out of their mouths. I’ve listed to yogpod and watched a lot of their videos and nothing seemed out of place with what they said. I don’t mean this in the content of the panel but in the way they view the world and interpret it (If that makes sense). They did poke fun at Mojang but it didn’t seem malicious in any way. The only difference is the people who they poked fun at were probably a few feet away. For example, when they compared Mojang trying to finish the game in time to school boys trying to finish homework last minute, I doubt they meant anything bad about that. They even put themselves in that pot with trying to finish their presentation, albeit, nowhere near the same scale as making a game. They were inconsiderate with some of the things they said (as they usually are) perhaps but nothing malicious. Also, the language they used in the video, I fully expected it. Should have they censored their intro video? I’d like to think that in retrospect, the yogs would agree they should have.
As for the rest, I’ll take it as hearsay. People are using very strong word when making their arguments against the Yogs. Words like “Demanded”. They also put them into sentences like, “demanded” that they get paid or “demanded” they be let into Cobalt before anyone else. They say all this without much proof, which I enjoy very much. None of this sound like the Yogscast I have listened to for many hours, but Cash is correct in that we don’t really know them or Notch.
I shall continue to watch the Yogscast and read all the things Notch post and tweets and what not. This whole thing saddens me but I could care less. I skipped a few points like the yogbox thing and Mojang being called nerds that can’t run a company but this is turning out longer than expected. I can share my thoughts on these things if anyone wants(but I doubt anyone wants to read another book on opinions). For not caring much I did type a lot. =/
This is my wall of text. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Eskallon
Fellow
Fellow
Eskallon

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/11/2011, 08:25

Yeah, joking around is fine when your on your own youtube channel broadcasting to your own fans and where you know you can be jokey and stuff. However there is a difference between that and swearing and talking S*** about people in a public convention, wheather they meant it or not. In that room were hundreds of children who were less than 12 years old and on the livestream there were thousands and to be swearing that much was just a load of crap in itself. Would you go up to a 7yr old in the street and say what they were saying?

No, you keep your gob shut and try to be calm and keep swearing to a minimum. What they did on there panel just crossed the line and I can see exactly why Notch would be pissed off.
Back to top Go down
Katya
Katya

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/11/2011, 08:45

Esk you dont live by that so why should they =D
Back to top Go down
Vinlight
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/11/2011, 09:12

Aye, I think they were just being themselves and no one should make them apologize for that.

If I remember right they never actually swore during the panel. Lewis almost did at one point but he cut himself off.
All the cussing was in the montage video that made up their intro (and maybe some in the Shadow of Israphel video) and all that was recorded who knows when. Its not like they were dropping the f-bomb every other word when they were up there. Of course a little discretion when editing that video would of been wise. And as for the rest, like I said in the other post---> a bit inconsiderate but not on purpose.
Back to top Go down
Kingjad
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/11/2011, 10:09

All these kids in attendance probably knew fine well who the Yogscast were, meaning they've watched their YouTube content before - profanity included - and their parents should therefore take some f**king responsibility for allowing their children to watch content with such language rather than try to blame others for their own piss-poor parenting.

Yogscast should've probably censored their video clips but at the same time the kids there probably have heard every single thing before.

The other issues are the ones I want cleared up that Notch brought up.

EDIT: I blanked out my swear, I don't want to be banned from this forum king
Back to top Go down
iwilkilalzmBs
V.I.P

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/11/2011, 11:19

Hurray! It's all better now! But Team Mojang was being a jerk when they sold the rights of the Yogscast panel to IGN. Check first post for links!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?   Mojang vs. Yogscast?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mojang vs. Yogscast?!?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProjectPhoenix :: Game Discussion :: Minecraft-
Jump to: